Sounds in IC2 and/or Buildcraft.

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Furious1964

Nov 10, 2012
Is there a way to enable them? I'd like to hear the various sound from the machines I have. I know there were issues with it, but still...

aubi

Jul 29, 2019
Is there a way to enable them? I'd like to hear the various sound from the machines I have. I know there were issues with it, but still...

Check your .minecraft/config folder and open the IC2.cfg

Change:

# Enable sounds
soundsEnabled=false

to

# Enable sounds
soundsEnabled=true

Furious1964

Nov 10, 2012
Check your .minecraft/config folder and open the IC2.cfg

Change:

# Enable sounds
soundsEnabled=false

to

# Enable sounds
soundsEnabled=true

Checked and it's already set to True. I read somewhere on the IC2 Forum (I think) that it was force disabled because of bugs causing crashes.

Omicron

Jul 29, 2019
I am experiencing the same issue, I can't hear any IC2 machines, nor the jetpack (which is kind of unnerving when you're relying on hover mode).

I've also experienced two or three Minecraft crashes due to some audio handler fouling up, always while using IC2 things.

DestructionMaker

Jul 29, 2019
I think I might have found solution to this:

Copy sounds folder from ic2 version that worked (ex. 1.2.5) to new one in mods folder.
For me it works, all sounds are fine.

CrafterOfMines57

Jul 29, 2019
It's a glitch that I thought they fixed, what version of the pack are you using? Because I am absolutely certain that my macerator was making sound on my private server with IndustrialCraft at the latest version possible.

MushroomDynamo

Jul 29, 2019
Last I checked the sounds were disabled in the beta on purpose, to be re-enabled later. Note that the "machines running out of power" noise is still added, for whatever reason.