Soul Shards & Anvil Combining

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

mutopian

Jul 29, 2019
As long as they're enabled in the config (don't know differences between the various packs where EXBL is concerned) then they have the same vibrant green grass as a normal jungle but the trees are oak (there may be the odd birch but can't remember) with vines etc. I've never figured out how the various biomes are weighted by EXBL (although it does seem to favour snow biomes in my experience) so you may have a bit of a search to track one down. Villages also spawn in them by default so that may help. Also the minimap will show up the quicksand as brown rectangles - and they're all over the place in the biome.

Lambert2191

Jul 29, 2019
Cause I just did this and all I see is freakin redforest..this is annoying as grrrrrr
obubv9a.jpg

RedBoss

Jul 29, 2019
I don't know how far along he is on updating but shadwdrgn has been active lately in his mcf thread. Expect many nerfs.

Lambert2191

Jul 29, 2019
I don't know how far along he is on updating but shadwdrgn has been active lately in his mcf thread. Expect many nerfs.
ahh, yeah I don't go in that hornets nest. And I don't think getting rid of the anvil exploit is a nerf, more of a bugfix as it was never intended in the first place.

un worry

Jul 29, 2019

ShadwDrgn has just posted the new SoulShard mechanics here (copied below)

For those of you discussing the difficulty of making shards and whether i'll be nerfing it:

The way you get Blank Shards will probably not be changed any time soon from what it is in 1.5.1. The number of mobs you have to kill to get your shard working WILL be changing. So that you're not all speculating I will explain my intentions.

To get a working shard (cross-dimension or ANYTHING you want) will be SIGNIFICANTLY easier, however the system will not use kills for tiers anymore. You'll have a fixed number of mobs to kill to get a working shard for that class of monster in general, and then you'll power your cages with one or more "Mana Spheres."

You'll get a mana sphere similarly to how you get the shard, but with a different item (possibly a different structure built too). The sphere you get originally will be inert. You'll have to kill certain mobs and possibly do some other arbitrary action to turn it in to the weakest version of sphere. This version will regenerate mana very slowly. There will be ways to get more powerful mana spheres as well.

Depending on how fast you choose to have your mobs spawn, mana will be sapped from the sphere at a certain rate. The more powerful a sphere the longer a cage will be able to run before it's mana sphere is empty. If a mana sphere runs out of mana in a cage it(the mana sphere) will be destroyed. This means you'll want to set your spawn rate only just fast enough that the mana sphere is able to recharge to keep up, or set up a system to remove/replace them.

Various features will likely cost additional per spawn mana such as being able to power the cage with a redstone signal, the mobs spawning even if the player isn't close, and POSSIBLY mob equipment.

What all of this means:
You get to choose how quickly your mobs spawn!
Vile swords won't be necessary any longer.
No more farming certain mobs for HOURS for ONE spawner that gives nothing but bonemeal.
More customization!
Easier for me to update. (I hope)

TL;DR? Just read the bold :rolleyes:

RedBoss

Jul 29, 2019
You beat me. There's a link for 1.5.1 now.

I don't normally go to mcf but the reddit sent me there while searching for certain things.

MonthOLDpickle

Jul 29, 2019
Still no stupid mini jungle biome..just the same one over and over with some snowy. I thought same biome over and over wasn't suppose to happen.

Berserkenstein

Jul 29, 2019
Still no stupid mini jungle biome..just the same one over and over with some snowy. I thought same biome over and over wasn't suppose to happen.
Do you have Minefactory Reloaded? You can get quicksand by boiling sludge as long as you have Extra-biomes installed as well.

twisto51

Jul 29, 2019
I dont' really want to make something in the sky if this is probably going to be a temp thing. So Can I make a box throw water on top so it pours all over top and sides and bottom....than like small entrance for me (maybe even make a tesla coil....)

If you don't want it in the sky put the top at or just below ground level and dig down. There is another reason to make them tall, FYI, it will allow you to have more of them spawning/dropping since they will clear the "are there too many mobs here, stop spawning new ones" detection range.

Silent_007

Jul 29, 2019
This, except it doesn't need to be enclosed. Enderman cannot teleport while falling. Which is pretty illogical for a creature that lives in the end.
As frosty mentioned, they can under the right circumstances. I didn't realize that visibility to the sky was the key, I just knew that enclosing the area worked. I had previously tried it without any cover of any sort, and the endermen just took off in all directions as soon as they spawned. Not very useful...

Also, the new mod mechanics sound intriguing. I look forward to messing around with them!