Soul Shard Farms - What to do with the junk?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Asphodan

Jul 29, 2019
Code:
while true do
    turtle.select(1)
    turtle.suck(1)
    turtle.suck(1)
    turtle.craft()
turtle.drop()
turtle.select(2)
turtle.drop()
sleep(3)
end
You'll notice this puts the repaired item back into the same chest, this is because it may take multiple crafting cycles to fully repair an item. To prevent the Turtle from repeatedly merging the same item, wasting resources, I have set up some simple extraction of fully repaired items - this generally happens while the script is sleeping.

Quesenek

Jul 29, 2019
Kind of bad news for the compare program. I have been trying all night to get it to work on my mob farm going through all sorts of if structures to make the code more robust only to find out after I pulled out all of my hair that an item only returns false in the compareTo if it is literally another item, the damage value does not have any effect on the outcome.

Your plan of using outside means to retrieve the full item seems as if it is the only way to do it.
An emerald pipe connected to the repair chest set to extract a fully repaired item works very well.

Asphodan

Jul 29, 2019
Kind of bad news for the compare program. I have been trying all night to get it to work on my mob farm going through all sorts of if structures to make the code more robust only to find out after I pulled out all of my hair that an item only returns false in the compareTo if it is literally another item, the damage value does not have any effect on the outcome.

Your plan of using outside means to retrieve the full item seems as if it is the only way to do it.
An emerald pipe connected to the repair chest set to extract a fully repaired item works very well.
Emerald is how I went with it. I wish there was a better way, but I guess it's not too bad. I'm not real sure what I'd need Bows for, but I'm glad to have an unlimited supply now. I should just recycle en masse, but that's so.. bland.

Who would we want to talk to about getting a turtle.compareAbsolute() ? Basically, it'd function exactly how we expect turtle.Compare() to work -- comparing damage values, too.

Quesenek

Jul 29, 2019
Emerald is how I went with it. I wish there was a better way, but I guess it's not too bad. I'm not real sure what I'd need Bows for, but I'm glad to have an unlimited supply now. I should just recycle en masse, but that's so.. bland.

Who would we want to talk to about getting a turtle.compareAbsolute() ? Basically, it'd function exactly how we expect turtle.Compare() to work -- comparing damage values, too.
Probably the people on the computercraft forums. Its more than likely something to do with being overpowered is the reason why they don't have it coded that way to begin with. How it would be op I have no idea but they probably do.

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
Here's an idea. Barrels can only store non-damaged items. Once the turtle has identified it has 2 of the same items, combine and send the item along a barrel system, with a chest at the end (even back to the first chest the turtle pulls from). Anything in the chest would be still classed as damaged.