Soul Fray?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

will8c

Jul 29, 2019
I just started playing Magic quest today. Something killed me and I respawned with something called soul fray. As the timer counted down the screen got darker until it went black and I died again. I respawned again the soul fray debuff is still there...

What is happening and how do I stop it?

sgbros1

Jul 29, 2019
What is Zerg rushing?
You know how you can stab yourself to fill your Blood Altar?
Well, some cheeky wanks decided to put their bed next to their altar and stab themselves to death.
When they respawn, they have 10 hearts to repeat the process.
Soul fray prevents this (somewhat) by greatly reducing the amount of LP generated when under the Soul fray effect.

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
What is Zerg rushing?

In Blood Magic terms, what sgbros said. Way did it to try to combat some of the abuse people were discovering. The term, however, originates from Starcraft.

GreenZombie

Jul 29, 2019
Soul Fray is broken in direwolf20 (up to version 1.5.x at least) as a long standing id conflict means you get the Amphibian effect instead.

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
If I am correct, which I may not be, Soul Fray is being removed from Blood Magic due to the addition of the essence (I think is the name) system, and other things.

Azzanine

Jul 29, 2019
If I am correct, which I may not be, Soul Fray is being removed from Blood Magic due to the addition of the essence (I think is the name) system, and other things.
I don't see how seeing as the incence utilizes soul fray. After you give your blood with incense you get a weak version of soulfray.

Frankly Way was too kind. Id have killing youself with the knife permanently remove a heart. But I guess that's why I don't make mods.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
I don't see how seeing as the incence utilizes soul fray. After you give your blood with incense you get a weak version of soulfray.

Frankly Way was too kind. Id have killing youself with the knife permanently remove a heart. But I guess that's why I don't make mods.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

I think there should be a game mode that does this for ANY death. 10 deaths and you're out.

Except you can restore hearts with miniature red hearts.

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
I think there should be a game mode that does this for ANY death. 10 deaths and you're out.

Except you can restore hearts with miniature red hearts.
That would make it a TiCo addon... But it would also screw over servers using this mod (spawn killing PvP), and general mob combat (mob spawn camping your bed)

GreenZombie

Jul 29, 2019

Have you not played / forgotten the packs like AgrarianSkies that do exactly this? HQM is the pack that implements it - you are permitted to collect hearts as quest rewards to extend your lives before being banned. You could probably minetweak the TiC hearts to convert.

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
Have you not played / forgotten the packs like AgrarianSkies that do exactly this? HQM is the pack that implements it - you are permitted to collect hearts as quest rewards to extend your lives before being banned. You could probably minetweak the TiC hearts to convert.

Oh. The only HQM-ish pack i've played is Regrowth, and in that one it just keeps track of your deaths rather than punishing you for them...

GreenZombie

Jul 29, 2019
Admittedly HQM doesnt reduce your life after each death. But with limited lives that might be an unreasonable double tax.

H

HarleyQuinn2000

Soul fray is added by Blood Magic to prevent Zerg Rushing. At your current tech level, you need not worry about Soul fray.
The darker screen seems like Thaumcraft.
Blood Magic is not the only mod to add Soul Fray effect. I never had Blood Magic mod and got the effect from a different mod. I forgot which mod it was though.