Something wrong with FTB download server?

Status
Not open for further replies.

naku

Jul 29, 2019
503 - Oops... This is embarassing...
We're sorry but we've been unable to serve your request.

DL servers offline?

Skyrunner

Jul 29, 2019
jUIuyxH.jpg

Reactions: Kimek

Vauthil

Jul 29, 2019
There appear to be some repos offline. I have no additional information other than to say "try again later" unfortunately.

Source: http://status.feed-the-beast.com/

Addendum: you can replace the "www" in your link with "england1" to try and route to one of the repos that are up, but I can't guarantee stability or a fast download that way and this by no means is an "official fix" from the Team as I am just relaying what others have said.

Addendum #2: apparently the status list isn't the live list anymore. Largely irrelevant because it still appears that all the repos in the continental U.S. are offline, though.

Reactions: Kimek

Kimek

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks Vauthil, that help. I got the FTB launcher.exe but unfortunately it doesn't add all the modpacks. I guess I'll try again later.

unv_annihilator

Jul 29, 2019
Atlanta and LA servers are back online, chicago 2 is the last one being looked at. That status page url is pretty old and has a few repos that aren't used and doesn't have a few new ones on it.

Reactions: Vauthil

Mistaman

Jul 29, 2019
I'm having the same issues and nothing seems to have worked for me at this point. I tried to edit some files to try the england repo but i was unsuccessful. Any other ideas as to what to try at this point?

TheSandwichMakr

Jul 29, 2019
When trying this I only have the option for automatic, the drop down doesn't give me another option at all
Thats odd, it must just be a bug with the launcher especially because auto should choose a server thats actually up not just closest. Youll probably have to wait for the servers to come back up unfortunately, sorry I couldnt help.

Reactions: Mistaman

Mistaman

Jul 29, 2019
Thats odd, it must just be a bug with the launcher especially because auto should choose a server thats actually up not just closest. Youll probably have to wait for the servers to come back up unfortunately, sorry I couldnt help.

It happens, just wanted to exhaust my options before i gave up, thanks for trying!

Keyraa

Jul 29, 2019
Just finished helping someone solve this problem, and thought I'd sign up and let you know what we did to fix it.

Not sure if this removes single player maps or anything, so consider this a last resort if you have things you wish to keep on the single player side of things.

1. Delete your entire FTB launcher folder, including the modpack folders.
2. Point windows explorer to %appdata%, find the folder named 'ftblauncher' and delete that too.
3. Re-download the FTB launcher, and reconfigure it. Add your minecraft username as usual.
4. Download your mods as usual, and play.

Nuking FTB fixed the problem for my friend, but as always, YMMV.
Good luck.
-K.

TheSandwichMakr

Jul 29, 2019
Just finished helping someone solve this problem, and thought I'd sign up and let you know what we did to fix it.

Not sure if this removes single player maps or anything, so consider this a last resort if you have things you wish to keep on the single player side of things.

2. Point windows explorer to %appdata%, find the folder named 'ftblauncher' and delete that too.
3. Re-download the FTB launcher, and reconfigure it. Add your minecraft username as usual.

Good luck.
-K.

Great idea, but you should backup the modpack folders so that you can restore them because otherwise you'll lose your saves.

Mistaman

Jul 29, 2019

Good luck.
-K.

This doesn't work currently for me as when i try to get to the website to download the launcher, i get a 503 error on the creeperhost website. i've tried removing the folders and also i've tried to redownload all of the modpack files and the console give me the follow errors http://pastebin.com/xd9QzhQR

I'm assuming what SandwichMakr has said is true and the servers are just down and i'm SOL until they come back up and are ready to roll.

TheSandwichMakr

Jul 29, 2019
  1. This doesn't work currently for me as when i try to get to the website to download the launcher, i get a 503 error on the creeperhost website. i've tried removing the folders and also i've tried to redownload all of the modpack files and the console give me the follow errors http://pastebin.com/xd9QzhQR
I'm assuming what SandwichMakr has said is true and the servers are just down and i'm SOL until they come back up and are ready to roll.

[08:58:14] [ERROR] HttpURLConnection.getInputStream:-1->DownloadUtils.run:288: Server returned HTTP response code: 503 for URL: http://www.creeperrepo.net/mirrors: java.io.IOException: Server returned HTTP response code: 503 for URL: http://www.creeperrepo.net/mirrors

Here's the issue, at least for me that page returns

England 1,england1.creeperrepo.net
England 2,england2.creeperrepo.net
Chicago 2,chicago2.creeperrepo.net
Atlanta 1,atlanta1.creeperrepo.net
Los Angeles 1,losangeles1.creeperrepo.net

So, you're not able to choose a different repo because it can't get the list of repos and it doesn't cache them which is a bug with the launcher. It should cache them because right now if the main server goes down then it's unable to access any of the mirrors whether they're up or not. Hopefully this will be fixed in a launcher update. But I was able to access it so it should be back up and you should be able to choose another repo after restarting the launcher unless it's a region specific issue.

Mistaman

Jul 29, 2019
[08:58:14] [ERROR] HttpURLConnection.getInputStream:-1->DownloadUtils.run:288: Server returned HTTP response code: 503 for URL: http://www.creeperrepo.net/mirrors: java.io.IOException: Server returned HTTP response code: 503 for URL: http://www.creeperrepo.net/mirrors

Here's the issue, at least for me that page returns

England 1,england1.creeperrepo.net
England 2,england2.creeperrepo.net
Chicago 2,chicago2.creeperrepo.net
Atlanta 1,atlanta1.creeperrepo.net
Los Angeles 1,losangeles1.creeperrepo.net

So, you're not able to choose a different repo because it can't get the list of repos and it doesn't cache them which is a bug with the launcher. It should cache them because right now if the main server goes down then it's unable to access any of the mirrors whether they're up or not. Hopefully this will be fixed in a launcher update. But I was able to access it so it should be back up and you should be able to choose another repo after restarting the launcher unless it's a region specific issue.

I wasn't able to. When ever I restart the launcher i get the same console errors each time. i've also tried to download a new launcher from the FTB homepage and get the 503 error. I tried clicking on each of the repos you listed just to try and i get the 503 error. I live in the US on the east coast, it could be an issue with my ISP but at this point i'm not sure what else to try.

Mistaman

Jul 29, 2019
I just tried downloading a new launcher/jar file via my phone and was able to get to both. I think there's some issue with my ISP blocking the website/server that FTB is hosted on. Going to try some network troubleshooting and see if i'm able to fix it. If anyone has more ideas please post them, i'd be more than happy to try anything at this point

Status
Not open for further replies.