Someone to compile a mod

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
Looking for some to compile a mod - CustomItems by 0tho. https://github.com/0tho/CustomItems

Snag is, I require a minor change. 0tho changed the mod id mid version, as a result updating the mod will kill all existing worlds using my modpack. I use CustomItems heavily for world gen and don't want to force players to restart their worlds.

The mod ID needs to be reverted to customItems instead of customitems.

Any takers?

mcalpha

Jul 29, 2019
It's kind of a valid argument, so if the author is worth his salt you should be able to convince him to do it himself...

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
It's kind of a valid argument, so if the author is worth his salt you should be able to convince him to do it himself...
He has said he would do it for me, but what with holiday season and me being impatient :p

Yulife

Jul 29, 2019
I am using CustomItems as well. What exactly is happening if we update? I didn't really understand o_o

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
Hey Golrith, I didn't know you needed that so soon. If I knew I would have already compiled your version. I was going to do it in the next version that will be out sooner or later.

Here it is. If something wrong happens, let me know.
Well, it just I'd like to make use of the time before going back to the grindmill called Work :p Thanks!

I am using CustomItems as well. What exactly is happening if we update? I didn't really understand o_o
Depends on what version you started using. Otho has changed mod ID, which has the effect of removing the mod, and readding the mod. All the original IDs in the world will vanish, and anything referring to those IDs also won't work (such as minetweaker scripts, ore gen, custom EnderIO scripts, etc).
If I knew there were no existing worlds it wouldn't be an issue (just search + replace all the script files).

Yulife

Jul 29, 2019
Well, it just I'd like to make use of the time before going back to the grindmill called Work :p Thanks!

Depends on what version you started using. Otho has changed mod ID, which has the effect of removing the mod, and readding the mod. All the original IDs in the world will vanish, and anything referring to those IDs also won't work (such as minetweaker scripts, ore gen, custom EnderIO scripts, etc).
If I knew there were no existing worlds it wouldn't be an issue (just search + replace all the script files).
Oh god... that sounds horrible. Especially with generation, like you have. I used 2.0.6, I think. Also, I hope 2.0.7 will come out soon so the fluids work again!

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
Oh god... that sounds horrible. Especially with generation, like you have. I used 2.0.6, I think. Also, I hope 2.0.7 will come out soon so the fluids work again!
I think you mean 1.0.6 :D

I think the ID changed in 1.0.5, I started using 0tho's custom items at 1.0.3. I can understand why 0tho made the change, just causes a pain for me

@Otho looks like that version is working, got some things not working as expected, but that might be just my scripts.

Reactions: Otho and Yulife

Yulife

Jul 29, 2019
I think you mean 1.0.6 :D

I think the ID changed in 1.0.5, I started using 0tho's custom items at 1.0.3. I can understand why 0tho made the change, just causes a pain for me

@Otho looks like that version is working, got some things not working as expected, but that might be just my scripts.
Yay!