Somehow made the world 'steamy'

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

darkrising

Jul 29, 2019
So I'm playing FTB Infinity lite for Minecraft 1.10 and I accidentally release a bucket of steam onto the ground which caused it to plume upwards against the top of my turbine room. Realising my mistake I quickly slap a cobblestone on the steam source block which gets rid of the steamy uprising.

The problem however is now the ENTIRE world is misty / steamy and I can only see about 10 or so feet.

I checked and every other dimension is unaffected.

My question is this.. how the heck do I remove the steam from my world?

Inaeo

Jul 29, 2019
I've never seen this either. Is the whole overworld effected, or just a large area? Is it y-level dependant?

My first thought was to fill the effected area with sand/gravel and then clear it to leave empty air (like one would do to remove water from an under water base). However, filling the entire overworld with sand has its own drawbacks...

darkrising

Jul 29, 2019
I just logged into my server to see if I could get a screenshot and everything is clear once more... how very odd. Long lasting mist or just some failed cached value? I think more testing is in order.

Inaeo

Jul 29, 2019
Do share your results. This could be a fun way to annoy server mates if it's only temporary. Could be an interesting mechanic for use on an Adventure map as well.

TheBamby

Jul 29, 2019
Hi, if I am not mistaken, you should be able to remove the effect by jumping/swimming in water.

Hope this helps!