Some questions for FTB ultimate Pack

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Question

Jul 29, 2019
Hi, I've been playing FTB for awhile and I live in twilight forest.

But I couldn't find any copper in twilight forest

So my question is,

Can we find copper in twilight forest?

Edrosty

Jul 29, 2019
Yes. You SHOULD be able to find it extremely easily. Twilight Forest's ravines and caves are quite rich in ores.

Reactions: RedBoss

knight2109

Jul 29, 2019
The twilight forest ground level is lower then the overworld on adverage it starts at 40 i believe which is below the level where most opper spawns. mine it in the overworld and bring it back to your base, or use lava.

Summit

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, I lived in TF once and copper was the biggest hindrance to advancement. I eventually broke down and started hopping to Mystcraft ages (because I had made a vow to leave the overworld and use it for nothing but nether access) to mine for copper.
If you can find a Highlands biome in TF you should be able to get plenty of copper there. Or the big hills rise high enough to spawn copper.

Velotican

Jul 29, 2019
As mentioned, FTB's unusual worldgen settings push copper and tin out of the traditional strip mine zone close to bedrock to encourage people to vary up their mining. This has the side effect of making copper really rare in the TF, but not unobtainable. TF's surface level for most biomes is roughly at 34, whilst the Overworld is at roughly 64.

The flipside is that most of the rarer materials are much easier to find instead.

nimzy

Jul 29, 2019
Will we see an ultimate pack that includes all the mods currently distributed via FTB? Ampz really needs to be paired with another pack to really bring out its strengths.