Some of you...

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Would you want Judgebot to be the official FTB Team Chat Bot?

• Total voters

Judgebot

Jul 29, 2019
Some of you have probably seen Judgebot in slow's stream (Jadedbot in Jade's Stream) and was wondering on how many people would support Judgebot to become the official bot for the FTB team.

NO I'm not asking for money, just seeing how many people would like it to happen. The main reason why I'm asking is to see if i should put some money aside to buy a server so Judgebot can run 24/7... So please vote on your opinion.

If you don't all want Judgebot to be the official Chat Moderation Bot, then it will still be in the streams until slow sorts out a replacement.

Thanks,
"Dex" Creator of Judgebot

Reactions: PeggleFrank

Lawbroken

Jul 29, 2019
Some of you have probably seen Judgebot in slow's stream (Jadedbot in Jade's Stream) and was wondering on how many people would support Judgebot to become the official bot for the FTB team.

NO I'm not asking for money, just seeing how many people would like it to happen. The main reason why I'm asking is to see if i should put some money aside to buy a server so Judgebot can run 24/7... So please vote on your opinion.

If you don't all want Judgebot to be the official Chat Moderation Bot, then it will still be in the streams until slow sorts out a replacement.

Thanks,
"Dex" Creator of Judgebot

So i know what Judgebot can do now in streams and i know that you are good at what you do but for the people that may not know you or what this bot does i will ask some questions.

Why was this bot made?
What does this bot do now?
What are some plans you have for the bot?
Why do we need a bot over people?
How far can you go with a bot to replace what a person can do?
Will this bot do everyone that a person can do now or will you still need someone there?

Judgebot

Jul 29, 2019
So i know what Judgebot can do now in streams and i know that you are good at what you do but for the people that may not know you or what this bot does i will ask some questions.

Why was this bot made?
So that one day I'd like to make a living from people using the bot, not through subscription, but through donations and such.
What does this bot do now?
The not is currently around 10-16hour run time a day depending on what I am doing, it has an advanced link and filter system and also has plently of Moderator commands and a select amount of public commands depending on the channel.
What are some plans you have for the bot?
One day I'd like to make a living off of it, and early next year if people want it to become the FTB Chat bot then I'd be willing to make it 24/7.
Why do we need a bot over people?
Well an example of why you need my not is pretty simple. Personal commands and fast reaction times. This way it is less likely for someone to try and break the rules, along with information commands meaning it is faster to help people.
How far can you go with a bot to replace what a person can do?
I could go pretty far, for example to code logic into it, but I still would like human moderators to be around.
Will this bot do everyone that a person can do now or will you still need someone there?
The bot will be on a sort of whitelist so your have to apply to use it.[DOUBLEPOST=1353316209][/DOUBLEPOST]
An automatic moderator. Less headache for real people ;)

Hahaha, very true a lot of moderators say that :p

Jay?

Jul 29, 2019
Maybe it would work as a stopgap measure, but i have serious concerns about replacing the judgement of a trustworthy human with the blind ruleset of a modbot.

Lawbroken

Jul 29, 2019
Maybe it would work as a stopgap measure, but i have serious concerns about replacing the judgement of a trustworthy human with the blind ruleset of a modbot.

This wont replace all mods it will just make there job easier when having over 1000 people in one stream going crazy. =P

Or even 6000ish like slowpoke at when FTB was released.

Judgebot

Jul 29, 2019
I'd like it, Judgebot is awesome.

Thanks for the support :)[DOUBLEPOST=1353362567][/DOUBLEPOST]
This wont replace all mods it will just make there job easier when having over 1000 people in one stream going crazy. =P

Or even 6000ish like slowpoke at when FTB was released.

Correct, Judgebot is mainly just to ease the stress off the moderators to make it easier to pick on the idiots of which the bot doesn't get ;)

Morvelaira

Jul 29, 2019
One thing I think should be said, is that if Judgebot is or is not made the official bot of FTB will not be up to the forums at large. That will be the sole decision of the FTB team, most likely the featured streamers.

Judgebot

Jul 29, 2019
One thing I think should be said, is that if Judgebot is or is not made the official bot of FTB will not be up to the forums at large. That will be the sole decision of the FTB team, most likely the featured streamers.

True, but you'd still take other peoples thoughts into consideration ?[DOUBLEPOST=1353365690][/DOUBLEPOST]
I like how you have Judgebot set up for responses. Adds just the right amount of sarcasm to redundant information ;)

Hahaha thanks for the support, you should get jade to do !f$#%off in her channel ;)

Morvelaira

Jul 29, 2019
True, but you'd still take other peoples thoughts into consideration ?

As callus as it might sound, I can't really afford to. My livestream is my show that I put out for the public. I do my best to have it be entertaining for my viewers, but at the end of the day it is my show, and I do it because I have fun doing it. Allowing other people to saddle down the way I do things with votes is not fun. I'll always listen to suggestions, but listening is not a promise of agreeing.

Lawbroken

Jul 29, 2019
Correct, Judgebot is mainly just to ease the stress off the moderators to make it easier to pick on the idiots of which the bot doesn't get ;)

The best idea of this bot will be making it mod and streamer friendly.

At the end of the day mods want to watch the streamer and not sit there staring at a chat watching if people are linking to bad websites or asking personal questions or even breaking streamers rules.

Everyone should enjoy the stream as morv pointed out in her post. :)

This thread should be seen more of a "What you do dislike/like about judgebot?" More then let's get together and make this the official FTB bot. Since we all know that Slowpoke as the final say in that and no matter the numbers it's just not up to us.

P.s - I finished my design Judgebot ;)

Judgebot

Jul 29, 2019
As callus as it might sound, I can't really afford to. My livestream is my show that I put out for the public. I do my best to have it be entertaining for my viewers, but at the end of the day it is my show, and I do it because I have fun doing it. Allowing other people to saddle down the way I do things with votes is not fun. I'll always listen to suggestions, but listening is not a promise of agreeing.

Ok, and yes you do a good job at livestreaming, when you do. ><
[DOUBLEPOST=1353405219][/DOUBLEPOST]
The best idea of this bot will be making it mod and streamer friendly.

At the end of the day mods want to watch the streamer and not sit there staring at a chat watching if people are linking to bad websites or asking personal questions or even breaking streamers rules.

Everyone should enjoy the stream as morv pointed out in her post. :)

This thread should be seen more of a "What you do dislike/like about judgebot?" More then let's get together and make this the official FTB bot. Since we all know that Slowpoke as the final say in that and no matter the numbers it's just not up to us.

P.s - I finished my design Judgebot ;)

Very true, and i'll take a look when i chat to you :p