Some Mystcraft Questions

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

infernalinfernos

Jul 29, 2019
So, there are some things (actually, a lot) that i don't really know about mystcraft.

1. Whenever I create a new book to another age, am I always creating a new age, and if the pages of the book are identical to another book I already made, will the new book just take me to that age?

2. Is there a limit on the number of ages you can make?

3. What are the ways (if any) of getting pages other than from the mystcraft villagers, dungeon loot, and those cobblestone libraries found in ages?

Trunks9809

Jul 29, 2019
1. If its a descriptive book, yes, a new age is always generated. If its a linking book, no, it only takes you to existing places.

2. Only by HD space and memory

3. Those are the only methods currently. I think xcompwiz talked about a research system, but its not been implemented.

Reactions: infernalinfernos

infernalinfernos

Jul 29, 2019
1. If its a descriptive book, yes, a new age is always generated. If its a linking book, no, it only takes you to existing places.

2. Only by HD space and memory

3. Those are the only methods currently. I think xcompwiz talked about a research system, but its not been implemented.

Thanks!

Oh, and one more
If I go into an age, then lose the linking book and escape through that really-hard-to-find-hole thingy that takes you back to the overworld, is there any way to get back to said age?

whizzball1

Jul 29, 2019
1. Always creating new age, unless Linking book, in which case it takes you to wherever you made the book.
2. Over 9000!
3. That's all. Sorry!

allmyr

Jul 29, 2019
If you lose the linking book, yes, just use the descriptive book. If you lose the descriptive book, then the age is destroyed...

The age isn't actually destroyed, there's just no way to get there. (Except for the tpx command)
To remove your age you have to go into your save file and delete that dimension.
P.S. If you're stuck in an age, type /tpx 0 to get to the overworld