Some Mod Packs for a Low-End Computer?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Fyuiy

Jul 29, 2019
Might try some sky map mod packs. Agrarian Skyes 2 and Sky Factory 2 might even be doable. There is a lot less game to process. While keeping the mod count high. If those are to much for the PC then a sky map with less mods in it might work.

Might also be worth looking up the server rules on the bigger servers. You are mostly wanting to look at the rules dealing with lag reduction and server stability. Going by those rules might help out game performance.

Not absolutely certain. Seems reasonable though.
The key of AG is the automation, you'll find yourself using Thermal Expansion for almost everything and anything. it takes a while to complete the pack because of its vast questline with using a lot of the mods.. I found myself struggling with Bees (I'm sure you can imagine why). AG was one of the best packs I've played.

*I said the thing I did about 'No one recommending any 3rd party packs' because I didn't see your post and I finished AG.

AG2 is the 1.7 AG correct? I had performance issues on that one.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Reactions: DeathOfTime

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
I also recommended Space Astronomy and Modular Mayhem, both 3rd party packs. SA is a bit heavier than ModMayhem though.

Fyuiy

Jul 29, 2019
I also recommended Space Astronomy and Modular Mayhem, both 3rd party packs. SA is a bit heavier than ModMayhem though.
I can assume Space Astronomy centers around Galatic Craft, but what is Modular Mayhem? It sounds picticularly fimilar.

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
That's Iskandar's latest pack. It's built around multi-block structures, or modular devices. So things like Immersive Engineering, and Advanced Generators which heavily feature Multi-blocks, or Engineer's Toolbox and Steve's Carts, which are very, very modular. There are also a lot of other mods that don't normally get featured, like Chromaticraft, Magneticraft, and Hydraulicraft, which have very unique mechanics to them, while also being built around multi-blocks.

Reactions: Fyuiy
K

katalia1

Does anyone know some mod packs for a lower end computer?

SPECS:
4 GB RAM
Intel(R) Pentium(R) CPU B960 @ 2.20GHz
Intel(R) HD Graphics

Just to give you an idea, some mods I enjoy are...
-Thaumcraft (Addons also)
-Generally most magic-based mods (Witchery, Blood Magic, etc..)
-ANY Tech (Rotary craft I want to get into)
-Bees.. god dang I hate bees (sarcasm)
-AE2

Any recommendations welcome!
I have about same specs...I feel your pain believe me I do. Believe it or not I have been playing Jurastic Craft on my server and on another server it plays fine with settings low. I also changed splash properties in the configs to (can't remember) either false or true. It make's it load faster because you don't have the mojang loading bars screen to deal with. I also play byte size neither of these are on ftb sorry for that. On ftb I played departed just fine and the older version of direwolf20 1.6.4 in fact most the older packs work. Lot of the newer packs are to many mods. I'm really hoping they would make a lite pack of infinity evolved if its possible to keep the expert mode for us lower end specs ppl.

K

katalia1

I've tried making my own pack, but I ended up pulling out my hair.. There was some errors I couldn't put my head around.. Good idea with the mods thing, things like ComputerCraft I have no idea what to do in I could disable; but a lot of things I want to try and there's the problem I'm encountering. I started playing Simply Magic last night for a bit, and it's not bad, but it feels weird without any tech. I also get around 20 FPS with the occasional FPS drop which is playable for me.
Yes someone mentioned curse launcher I totally forgot about curse launcher, I use that too if you browse packs you can look for the lite packs in category but keep in mind there are some not listed that work as well. Wish the packs would say how many mods are in them. I always end up having to count and then keep in mind there will be more then what I count when I load the pack lol.

K

katalia1

FTB Lite? In the FTB Launcher? It's designed for low-spec PCs ;)

I'd also be looking at new CPUs if I were you. After a certain point old tech just doesn't work with stuff anymore.
I checked into doing things like change hdd to sdd or more ram etc until I found out I might also have to watch what my power can handle so be careful what you add.

K

katalia1

Might try some sky map mod packs. Agrarian Skyes 2 and Sky Factory 2 might even be doable. There is a lot less game to process. While keeping the mod count high. If those are to much for the PC then a sky map with less mods in it might work.

Might also be worth looking up the server rules on the bigger servers. You are mostly wanting to look at the rules dealing with lag reduction and server stability. Going by those rules might help out game performance.

Not absolutely certain. Seems reasonable though.
I played skyfactory 2 and loved it. I have same specs on my laptop as he does, however after the latest update I am unable to play the game.

Fyuiy

Jul 29, 2019
I checked into doing things like change hdd to sdd or more ram etc until I found out I might also have to watch what my power can handle so be careful what you add.
I'm not planning to add anything to my current laptop.. I am saving up for a 700ish$ PC.. so I can play any of the new steam games, I don't see the point of putting money into my current 300$ piece of hardware.

K

katalia1

I have about same specs...I feel your pain believe me I do. Believe it or not I have been playing Jurastic Craft on my server and on another server it plays fine with settings low. I also changed splash properties in the configs to (can't remember) either false or true. It make's it load faster because you don't have the mojang loading bars screen to deal with. I also play byte size neither of these are on ftb sorry for that. On ftb I played departed just fine and the older version of direwolf20 1.6.4 in fact most the older packs work. Lot of the newer packs are to many mods. I'm really hoping they would make a lite pack of infinity evolved if its possible to keep the expert mode for us lower end specs ppl.
Forgot to mention although Jurassic revelations plays nice it takes me about 20 to 30 min to load it. I still love it though. There are several packs on curse launcher to play for our lower end pc's and laptops.

Fyuiy

Jul 29, 2019
Direwolf20 1.6 worked pretty well on this PC actually.. My world got deleted for some reason, and I couldn't recover it, I basically lost my drive because I got pretty far and didn't want to restart..

I want to get into the new stuff, I felt like I did most of the things in 1.6. I never really played with 1.7, so Obscurity was a nice change..

Reactions: katalia1