Some mob not spawning naturaly with CustomMobSpawner

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

RitoruSuta

Jul 29, 2019
Hello, so me and my friend and are playing on a custom pack and we noticed that some monster was not naturaly spawning. As a suspected, CustomMobSpawner 3.3.0 seem to be the fault as i tested it single player without other mod.
Because we have Mo'creature, this mod is unfortunately needed.

I've tried to look for a solution, until im searching at the wrong place, i can't seem to find a solution so I've come here to see if someone have maybe found a fix for this.

Here the list of the mob that don't spawn naturaly.
Overworld:
Those 3 elemental blaze from Thermal Expansion

Nether:
Magma Cube
Blaze
Wither Skeleton
FireDog or Helldog? from Witchery
Imp and Heatscar Spider from Natura

There might be other specific mob from other mod but i didn't yet explore that far.

Any way of fixing this?

st753m

Jul 29, 2019
(assuming this is 1.7.10) Custom Mob Spawner is no longer mandatory for Mo Creatures; I have it playing on my own custom mod collection just fine without CMS.

The only problem I've had is that B:forceDespawns= in the Mo Creatures config must be set to false or I get crashes, leading to vanilla mobs slowly taking over if not hunted regularly. That's a pretty small price to pay for all other mobs appearing, and for cursed earth to work (and possibly also the NEI light overlay? I remember that being broken at one point but I don't know if it was 1.7.10 or earlier).

RitoruSuta

Jul 29, 2019
Sorry for the late answer but you sure is not longer needed? When i first tested the pack (Yes, it 1.7.10), i didn't have it and I've noticed certain mob wasn't spawning, also when the host let's me know it needed it. I've checked the info where i downloaded the mod and said this ''This mod is a utility for Mo' Creatures. It allows you to set where the creatures spawn. Without it Mo' Creatures mobs will not spawn.'' .

Not long after posting this topic, 2 person logged in and those 2 mob have started spawning: Magma Cube and Heatscar spider. I still don't understand why sometime hostile mob don't spawn when alone online, I've been like 3 hour in the nether searching for these and once they log in, an dozen of these mob spawned and jumped at me. Tho Imp from Natura and any other monster don't spawn in a fortress, not even pigman like if that structure was an invalid spawn point for any mob.

I've checked the config on my side, it seem to be fine. We gonna reset soon so i'll ask the host to send me a copy of the config to see if the server somewhat messed up mob spawning for the fortress.

Also, one question related to this mob, anyway to reduce monster spawn frequency? We play on easy and monster pretty much spawn in mass everywhere, making hard to survive the first few night and later + we have spice of life, making it difficult without dying multiple time.