Windows .exe Some Download Problems

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

RedFlameDragon

Jul 29, 2019
right then, haven't used this in a while, decided to start playing around with minecraft again. decide to download the unleashed modpack. start downloading it, and it stops partway through, as if it was finished. proceeds to error, because the damn thing decided it was done when it wasn't. slow connection right now (30 kb/s, because the providers out here are assholes and throttle us after 15gig downloaded per month, etc.). anyway, i had the same problem last time i used this. managed to sneak around it by using the DL link that the console had thrown that it was connecting to when it started the DL. no link this time around, sadly. i hope theres something one could do to attempt to fix this problem for me, as im unsure of how to fix a damnable time-out, or similar error from my end, as it stems from a problem i currently have no control over. easiest way would be a DDL for the modpack, the zip that the client downloads to the appdata folder, so i can copy it in there and trick the client.

lavarthan

Jul 29, 2019
Either that or if it is a laptop go to a coffee shop or free wifi place. Hope that helped.

RedFlameDragon

Jul 29, 2019
not a laptop. can't change providers either, service sucks in my area. seems to me is that it times out after ~1hour of downloading. is that a serverside thing? it's not like the damn thing was stuttering at all during it, it was a constant ~30 kB/s (shitty, i know. getting throttled after hitting a max is downright stupid when you have the "unlimited data" net plan, but there you have it).