Some beginner questions.

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

gRntaus

Jul 29, 2019
Hi all, very behind on the times but picked up minecraft this week. I currently run a local server on my machine but I'd like to migrate it to a server we need running for media. I also have some other questions below:

1) Can I simply copy & paste the Ultimate Server folder from my machine to the server (which has java etc set up) and run it there with no problems. It doesn't seem like there is an install persee.

2) How do I access mod powers in the game / change settings from my client? I've noticed I sometimes get to a menu that allows me to change from recipe mode to cheat mode etc but then I can't seem to find it again. I made a mistake last night and I'd just like to temporarily give myself mod powers to fix it.

3) Also it's not a big deal but it looks like when I host a server on the network it doesn't show up in the LAN scan, which means I just have to manually add the server? (Gf has a bit of trouble direct connecting so I'd like to avoid that if possible)

4) Not that I ever plan too but can you launch vanilla minecraft through the FTB launcher? Thanks!

BaltimoreRavens

Jul 29, 2019
1) no idea sorry
2) press E on the bottom left click options and you will see a tab that has recipe mod, cheat mode and utility mode.
3) manually add it, well that's what i do
4) sure just find a modpack you don't like and remove all the mods from it XD

OmegaPython

Jul 29, 2019
Copying over your Ultimate Server folder should work; I would recommend backing up your world just in case though.

Jess887cp

Jul 29, 2019
You already have the answers, but I thought I'd expand a bit.
1) Yes, you can.
2) On a server, you have to be op. Hit "O" to open up NEI if it isn't already opened, and you should see an options button at the bottom left of your screen.
3) You'll have to manually add it, using the IP of your computer, but only once, if added to your server list.
4) Yeah, the voxelmodpack is pretty much vanilla, as is the minelittlepony modpack.

Good day sah! :D