[SOLVED] World stops rendering

Status
Not open for further replies.

Whovian

Jul 29, 2019
Well, guys, told you I'd spam this forum with tech support issues for my personal, tailor-made "ultimate" pack, but I seem to only have one issue in SSP. After flying and/or walking a while out, the world decides to stop rendering. Given that going beyond this barrier keeps spazzing me out, but stops if I fly a few blocks up, I think it's just that the internal server fails to tell the client that there are blocks out at this point, and behaves otherwise like any other server. Does anyone have an explanation and/or fix for this, other than relogging, which works but is annoying?

Attachments

• 2013-03-05_21.50.02.png
    2013-03-05_21.50.02.png
    112.2 KB · Views: 38

Whovian

Jul 29, 2019
That's odd...

Ok, you know the drill....
  1. Console log?
  2. Does it crash? Crash log?
  3. Both posted to pastebin?
See you soon. :D

:p The client's perfectly fine, no crash/exception/etc. upon getting to this barrier, so I'm uploading the console log now.[DOUBLEPOST=1362594473][/DOUBLEPOST]Okay, here's the log.

http://pastebin.com/zKvgz4Mv

Also, this time (IDK for the other times,) I encountered the "render barrier" about 452 blocks from spawn.

EDIT: Oh, hey! For some reason, a small chunk of world way beyond the barrier rendered this time. So the world drops off at this "barrier," and then, a few hundred blocks further, decided to start rendering again. Odd.

EDIT 2: I'm running Optifine D5. Is there any possibility this is related to that?

Booker The Geek

Feb 26, 2013
Pacific North West, USA
lol.... I was going to open up and start going through your log.....

Then I read the rest of your post. :D
EDIT 2: I'm running Optifine D5. Is there any possibility this is related to that?
Yeah, optifine has some options where you can turn off the new rendering of chunks to help out with lag... Also, different version's of optifine only work with ftb mods packs, there is a sticky with the correct infomation. Retry without optifine. (actually, make sure your using the default modpack)

Good luck :D

Reactions: Whovian

Whovian

Jul 29, 2019
(actually, make sure your using the default modpack)

Well, I can definitely confirm a lack of this issue in the default Ultimate, so it's just a matter of seeing what's causing it. Trying w/o OF right now.

EDIT: Okay, OF's the issue. Trying to figure out what I can do to disable this problem.

Whovian

Jul 29, 2019
Ah, reading it now.

EDIT: Yep, knew about installing jar mods. I'll have to wonder if FTB's mod-installation system was based off of MultiMC.

And no idea which setting to enable/disable in Optifine ... :p Can you help with that?

Status
Not open for further replies.