[Solved!] The crimson inventory hue

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Shevron

Aug 12, 2013
This may come as a weird question, but I actually find it incredibly annoying, and I'm wondering if there's an option to turn off.

When you open an inventory screen, or any other machine interface, the surrounding screen area goes dark - which is ok.

However, when you close that window, your screen doesn't brighten up right away, that leaves a faint red hue that fades away in 3-5 seconds - and I find it extremely irritating.

May not come obvious at first, but once you notice it you cannot unsee it (sorry for anyone I made aware of it now :p)

I wonder is it's an option somewhere where I can remove this gradual fade.

Shevron

Aug 12, 2013
Marlboro Gold.

And trust me ... it is there. Wish I was good with YouTubes business so I could show what I mean, but I don't know the first thing about game video capturing.

Shevron

Aug 12, 2013
Yes it's with all packs, and been noticing it since the mincraft 1.5.x packs - bunch of my friends notice it too.

It isn't very obvious, but the second you close any inventory, or machine interaction window, for a few seconds the lighting in the room is pinkish, like the light in MC is when the sun is about to go down.

It's like the background darkening while the window is open, doesn't go away immediately, but fades away over time, after you close it.

GreenZombie

Jul 29, 2019
I ...
was about to call you something inappropriate...
but
damnit
I *have* been having a disconcerting feeling of late that, at times, the game is mysteriously twilightish
So I look in the sky and it is midday or morning
and then
*poof*
Its gone.
And, now that I think about it, it does happen after ive been in an inventory.

This better not be some mentalist @#&*$

Shevron

Aug 12, 2013
I ...
was about to call you something inappropriate...
but
damnit
I *have* been having a disconcerting feeling of late that, at times, the game is mysteriously twilightish
So I look in the sky and it is midday or morning
and then
*poof*
Its gone.
And, now that I think about it, it does happen after ive been in an inventory.

This better not be some mentalist @#&*$
Hahaha! See? I'm not crazy!

It does look like it's twilight with the colour, then after 3-4 seconds the pink hue fades away and it's back to normal colour.

ThatOneSlowking

Jul 29, 2019
Never esperienced this. I might check my TPPI instance when I am done with this dota match.

EDIT: didn't seem to experience it.

Last edited:

McJty

Over-Achiever
Mod Developer
May 13, 2014
twitter.com
For me the surrounding view gets darker when opening the inventory but I don't see the lingering effect when closing the inventory again. It is immediatelly back to how it was before.

Reactions: ThatOneSlowking

nolaw70

Jul 29, 2019
It happens in Departed (and other packs); while outside during the day, while in sight of some clouds in the sky, open your inventory. You will notice that cloud darkens over the course of a couple seconds. Close the inventory, and it takes a similar amount of time to brighten back up. I have also noticed a similar darkening without opening the inventory, in biomes where there should not be a lighting change (for instance, in a swamp, I expect it, but not in a forest or desert).

Shevron

Aug 12, 2013
This effect is intended for when bosses are present; therefore when a boss mob is rendered (in this case, in a mob spawner in NEI) the screen hue changes. When you close your inventory, it fades away. You can disable mob spawners from appearing in NEI somehow I think...
Ah interesting!

I'll look into that one.

Zelfana

Jul 29, 2019
Add "mob_spawner" in the list of blocks in vanilla.js of INpureCore filters in INpureProjects/custom_nei_filters to get rid of them permanently.

If you want to get rid of Twilight Forest spawners, too, you need to make a new file TwilightForest.js with this in it:
Code:
if (FML.isModLoaded("TwilightForest") && TwilightForest_enabled) {
  NEI.hide("TwilightForest:tile.TFBossSpawner");
}

Then also add the relevant info for that file into Bootstrap.js, custom_nei_filters.cfg and nei_filters.toc.

Reactions: Shevron

Shevron

Aug 12, 2013
Add "mob_spawner" in the list of blocks in vanilla.js of INpureCore filters in INpureProjects/custom_nei_filters to get rid of them permanently.

Apologies for the late reply, but I've been away from MC for a couple of months.

This worked perfectly, and I couldn't be happier. I cannot put into words how much the red hue was driving me mad!