Windows .exe [Solved] Sudden random no error client crash

Status
Not open for further replies.

NdranC

Jul 29, 2019
Every so often, for no apparent reason, after playing for varied amounts of time in my FTB Ultimate server, my client suddenly and instantly closes/crashes disconnecting me from the server and giving no error logs both client and server side. This happens to 4 other people that play in the same server all of us with different hardware and ISPs. I feel it must be something obvious but I can't figure out what it is.

Any ideas?

Edit: Turns out I found an error log for this, here it is http://pastebin.com/yamVcDrJ

Solution: Problem resided on the outdated lwjgl that comes by default with the vanilla minecraft client. I updated to the 2.9.0 here http://www.lwjgl.org/

lavarthan

Jul 29, 2019
Does this happen to everyone at the same time or does it still work for others and only one crashes. In other words does the server go down or does it stay up?
Does this happen just before anything in particular happens, such as you enter a new area or when someone uses a particular block or type of block?
Finding what happens before the crash might help, especially if the crashes have something in common might help.

NdranC

Jul 29, 2019
Server stays on with no issues, happens to all of us at different times (not at once) doing different things. It can happen 2 times in an hour or not happen in hours. I've crashed in the middle of killing a creeper and when i come back the creeper is still there waiting for me. It crashes while doing completely different unrelated things. It feels like i pressed the X (close button) in minecraft and just closed my client all of the sudden. Its a small server with 4 friends so yeah... can't really test if it happens to someone else.

Belone

Jul 29, 2019
I know you said there isn't anything in the logs, but are you able to pastebin them anyway, for around the time that you know a crash occurred?

NdranC

Jul 29, 2019
I know you said there isn't anything in the logs, but are you able to pastebin them anyway, for around the time that you know a crash occurred?

You were right, I sat down and looked beyond the minecraft folder and I found a log that seems to be related to the crash, so i went ahead and deleted all the logs, and played until I crashed again and this is what it showed up in my FTB folder.

http://pastebin.com/yamVcDrJ

Any ideas?

NdranC

Jul 29, 2019
Re-installing both 32 and 64 bit java didn't help at all. It's really getting more frequent now. Any ideas at all? Kind of desperate over here.

Belone

Jul 29, 2019
Well you might want to try uninstalling 32bit Java, having both is never a good idea. Can you also provide the console logs from your computer?

Booker The Geek

Feb 26, 2013
Pacific North West, USA
You are running about 7 updates late on your Java...

You need to uninstall that version from the control panel... (Add/Remove programs), then go to the Java website and re-install. That version has a bug and will not auto update past itself.

Status
Not open for further replies.