Solved [SOLVED] OpenGL Error 1285 [Vanilla AND FTB affected]

• Tech Support section is for getting help with FTB related problems. If there's a repeatable issue that can be labeled as a bug, then please use the issue tracker for the pack or the app at GitHub issue trackers - If there's no repository for a pack that means that the pack is old and/or will not be updated. Bugs for older packs will not be fixed, unless they are critical.

FuryDesert

May 10, 2020
SOLVED
Caused by 1 faulty RAM stick out of 4. If updating your video drivers doesn't work then set Windows Memory Diagnostic to Extended mode and test 1 stick at a time.

I'm constantly crashing with OpenGL Error 1285. It appears as if everybody who has/has had this issue fixed it by updating their drivers except me. My game will freeze or black screen followed by "Not responding". This has gone on since 2017 and I've just been waiting for Nvidia or Minecraft to fix it themselves but it's clearly not happening.

I have tried:

A clean install of windows

I have tried running the game straight from C:\

I have updated my drivers.

I have used DDU to COMPLETELY wipe my gpu drivers and reinstalled them fresh in safe mode offline

I have completely taken apart my computer, cleaned it, then reassembled it

I have removed every Java installation and downloaded the most up to date version and tried previous versions too

I have tried using OpenJDK instead of the official Java

I have tried giving Java more memory in the Java control panel

None of my components are overclocked at all (But I have tried all preset XMP settings in the past but no dice)

AND YES, xX_minecraftPRO_420DanTDM_Xx, I HAVE, AS A MATTER OF FACT, ALLOCATED MORE MEMORY TO MINECRAFT.

I've tried installing (seperately, of course) both DCH and Standard Nvidia drivers

I've tried running the java & javaw.exe in compatibility modes

I have tested different java garbage collectors

Tried all VBO, VSync, etc combinations

Tried dozens of different setting combinations in the Nvidia control panel

Used ADWCleaner

Reinstalled from scratch, obviously, given that I've completely reinstalled windows

Using old Nvidia drivers like 378.66 which added a fix for THIS EXACT problem.

Running the game in safe mode

Installing all the most up-to-date C++ redistributables and .NET framework

Updating Windows

Yes, I'm using 64 bit Java. Yes, I'm sure. No, I don't have any old versions installed. Yes, it's 8. Yes, it is, in fact, up to date.

Windows Memory Diagnostic shows no problems either

The System File Checker brings up no errors or missing files

I have provided the launcher output, crash log and DxDiag files below. But due to the game not completely crashing on its own but just "not responding", it doesn't output a formal crash log. So the crash log is forced with F3+C. It's also where you'll find my specs. Logs are from Vanilla sessions and not any FTB pack to avoid headaches.

Thank you

Attachments

• Launcher Console Output.txt
    12.5 KB · Views: 121
  • crash-2020-05-10_06.52.41-client.txt
    2.6 KB · Views: 74
  • DxDiag.txt
    49.3 KB · Views: 72
Last edited: