(Solved) Move offline player out of nether?

Kahless61

Jul 29, 2019
One of my players went to the nether and due to something with their player.dat, they are now auto-kicked on join with an error:
Connection Lost
Internal exception: java.io.IOException: Bad packet id 27

I figured the first step would be to get them out of the nether. Obviously I can't TP them because they can't get online. I tried editing their player.dat and setting their dimension to 0 (and their Pos to a safe spot), but they're still logging in in the nether? Is there some other property in their player.dat I need to modify?
For the time being, I've replaced my player.dat with theirs, so I can see the results without needing them. As a result, I also log in in the nether and get insta-kicked with the error.

So if you don't change the Dimension field, how do I get them out of the nether?

MrBrunty

Jul 29, 2019
If it registers them joining the server, you can use a command like /spawn <ign> in console and it will tp them to the spawn. They will crash that time, but the relog should place them at the spawn point. If it doesn't register them joining, then just delete their .dat file and it will reset them completely.

Kahless61

Jul 29, 2019
It registers them joining, but they leave immediately with the error, so they're not in long enough to use the /spawn command.
I was able to recover their player.dat file by deleting their SpellKnowledge, so they won't have to lose their entire inventory and ThaumCraft research. I was hoping to be able to edit their player.dat and just move them out of the nether for pretty much 0 data loss.
I'm just really confused because I set their Dimension to 0, but they're still in the nether.

Kahless61

Jul 29, 2019
Found it. Apparently there's a WorldUUIDLeast and WorldUUIDMost which override the Dimension. Changing those to the values from another player who is in the overworld seems to have fixed it.

MrBrunty

Jul 29, 2019
Just for your future use, if it does register them joining. Provided you're watching console, you can have the command pretyped and just press enter really quickly and it will move them xd