SOLVED: Launcher fails during load

• Tech Support section is for getting help with FTB related problems. If there's a repeatable issue that can be labeled as a bug, then please use the issue tracker for the pack or the app at GitHub issue trackers - If there's no repository for a pack that means that the pack is old and/or will not be updated. Bugs for older packs will not be fixed, unless they are critical.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TehGrundle

Jul 29, 2019
Title:
Launcher fails during load
Launcher Version:
Modpack:
FTB Departed
Modpack Version:
Log Link:
Details of the issue:
The launcher hangs and goes not responding:

Loading - Initializing Minecraft Engine
3/7
Rendering Setup - Render Global instance
4/9

My Java is up to date, i tried force update and that doesn't help. I tried reducing the amount of RAM, i tried restarting, i tried updating video drivers. I would really appreciate some assistance as this problem is very frustrating.

edit: SOLVED by editing config/splash.properties and setting enabled to false.​

Last edited:

mc.crab

Feb 2, 2013
There should be a splash.properties in your config folder, try changing the enagled to false and see if that works.

TehGrundle

Jul 29, 2019
mc.crab, thank you so much for your suggestion. Unfortunately, it had no effect. The same error repeated. Any other ideas?

TehGrundle

Jul 29, 2019
oh my god, it actually worked! I just tried it again and disabling the splash screen seems to have solved the problem!! Thank you so much!

mc.crab

Feb 2, 2013
@baz It's usually good to start your own thread. Also post the log as it is impossible to otherwise diagnose the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.