[SOLVED]Infinity "Can't Keep Up" Error

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Equitime

Jul 29, 2019
I'm not. We have a similar problem but obviously caused by something else. Now I have to try to work out why we have chunk errors happening. That is what I was referring to by a different problem. Just wondering why you would assume that I was arguing with you?

ScottulusMaximus

Jul 29, 2019
Because you categorically stated that I hadn't found my whole problem. But nevermind isn't important....

Well my system for finding it was deleting chunks in a backup, reloading the world until I found the one causing the problem. Then went through whatever was in that chunk(hitting cows after each change to see how they moved ;) ) until I broke a dense cable and everything stopped, then broke a cable going into each batch of 4 interfaces with storage buses on them until I got to the Pam's stock ones and everything has been perfect since.

Equitime

Jul 29, 2019
Thats a lot of work! Well done on finding your problem. I have the people at Creeperhost looking at my problem, hopefully they will find it. I don't feel like going through all my chunks like that :)

ScottulusMaximus

Jul 29, 2019
Thats a lot of work! Well done on finding your problem. I have the people at Creeperhost looking at my problem, hopefully they will find it. I don't feel like going through all my chunks like that :)

No offence to the people at Creeperhost but their response was that it's an FPS issue and the "Can't Keep Up" error was a false warning, despite me giving them all the info that I had already figured out that was not the case. Very friendly and willing to help but ultimately quite unhelpful.

Equitime

Jul 29, 2019
Btw started a new world and straight away got 'cant keep up spam'. That is with no generation after the initial spawn generation, no machines or anything.

ScottulusMaximus

Jul 29, 2019
Btw started a new world and straight away got 'cant keep up spam'. That is with no generation after the initial spawn generation, no machines or anything.

Then it's your server setup, first thing I did was test that and the error wasn't present.

BTW there's a difference between the spam I was getting and every now and then, is typical that you get a few messages when you load into the world as the server sorts itself out. My issue was a constant stream every 30sec or so.