[Solved] Help making no lava and no water in mystcraft age

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

koolboy5783

Jul 29, 2019
I'm in the direwolf20 1.6.4 mod pack and I need help to make a age using mystcraft that has no lava or water because last time I built a mining machine, it would run into lava and water creating cobblestone which made it just stand there and mine that cobble until I came and fixed it.

Physicist

Jul 29, 2019
There is no guaranteed way to do this. Your best bet would be to add 3 pages each for other types features that you don't mind having around: Nether Fortress, Dungeons, etc. You could also specifiy [water][lake][water][lake][water][lake], to try to eliminate lava lakes.

You'll probably always have lava at Y=10, though. I don't know if there is a way to avoid that.

Tyrindor

Jul 29, 2019
I don't know of anyway to get rid of lava on the lower levels, pretty sure it's not possible. Generally you hit a lake or something, which will ensure lava never gets in the way of your mining machine. Lava isn't infinite so it will simply turn any lava into obsidian and mine it before moving on.

I don't see how your machine got stuck mining it infinitely?

Last edited:

Seraph089

Jul 29, 2019
I've had good luck using the flat terrain modifier with either plains or extreme hills single biome. I haven't seen any of them with underground liquids of any kind, only surface lakes

koolboy5783

Jul 29, 2019
I don't know of anyway to get rid of lava on the lower levels, pretty sure it's not possible. Generally you hit a lake or something, which will ensure lava never gets in the way of your mining machine. Lava isn't infinite so it will simply turn any lava into obsidian and mine it before moving on.

I don't see how your machine got stuck mining it infinitely?
There would be water lakes from the surface of the age flowing down and lava from the sides of the hole and the frame quarry is setup to move if there are no blocks for 15 seconds but the lava and water would just make cobble, and the machine would mine it.