[SOLVED] FTB Horizons 2.0.1: Item ID change.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kunzite

Jul 29, 2019
Hello, I am running a small (4-6 people during peak hours) FTB Horizons server through EnviousHost.com

I am running some local tests to see if updating from 1.0.13 to 2.0.1 is plausible without a world reset.

So far every updated mod works flawlessly, except one... The item ID's in the Metallurgy 3 cfg have been changed!

This has caused much strange behavior, such as zinc ore everywhere is replaced with metal blocks, chests are replaced with ores, ect.

This would be normally simple to fix by changing the IDs back manually, but the fact the blocks are metadata based subblocks (One ID, a dozen blocks) has me stumped.

How can I revert the blocks to the correct metadata? Would stuffing the old config file into the new server fix this?

Kunzite

Jul 29, 2019
Thank you for attempting to help! :)

I will resort to a new world for the players if/when I fail in my ventures. I am attempting to successfully make this transition before I do so.

I am looking for guidance in the topic of block metadata/sub-blocks (is this the correct term?). I manually reverted all M3 item IDs to their pre-update state. This fixed most blocks, except the ore in the ground. This leads me to believe that the sub-blocks number is generated outside of the configuration files, perhaps within the mod's code itself?

All incompatibilities have been fixed aside from this one.

TL;DR - How/Where can I control metadata/sub-block numbers?

Eyamaz

Jul 29, 2019
Thank you for attempting to help! :)

I will resort to a new world for the players if/when I fail in my ventures. I am attempting to successfully make this transition before I do so.

I am looking for guidance in the topic of block metadata/sub-blocks (is this the correct term?). I manually reverted all M3 item IDs to their pre-update state. This fixed most blocks, except the ore in the ground. This leads me to believe that the sub-blocks number is generated outside of the configuration files, perhaps within the mod's code itself?

All incompatibilities have been fixed aside from this one.

TL;DR - How/Where can I control metadata/sub-block numbers?

You cant. It is part of the code.

Reactions: Kunzite
Status
Not open for further replies.