[SOLVED]Any suggestions to reduce lag?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

DZCreeper

Jul 29, 2019
The computer is decent as said earlier. Here are the main specs.

AMD FX-4100 CPU running @ 3.7 GHz
Corsair 8GB DDR3-1600 MHz RAM
XFX Radeon HD 7870 2GB
128GB SSD (668 MB remaining, and FTB is on the following hard drive.)
1TB HDD
Windows 7 Home Premium

While not impressive your computer should be running 60+ FPS, I have similar specs on my secondary rig and it runs 90+. What Java versions have you tried? I find I get the best FPS with Java 7 64bit and the most stable FPS with Java 8 64bit.

KaoticSoulz

Jul 29, 2019
While not impressive your computer should be running 60+ FPS, I have similar specs on my secondary rig and it runs 90+. What Java versions have you tried? I find I get the best FPS with Java 7 64bit and the most stable FPS with Java 8 64bit.

I'm using the java I installed when I built the computer in January, which is 32-bit Java 7. I suppose upgrading to 64-bit would probably be best but I never got around to it. Would doing that make a difference in fps?

Qazplm601

Lord of the Tumbleweeds
Sep 21, 2013
Where else?
I'm using the java I installed when I built the computer in January, which is 32-bit Java 7. I suppose upgrading to 64-bit would probably be best but I never got around to it. Would doing that make a difference in fps?
MY GOD. YES IT WILL. (not intended to be mean)