Solar power TE?

thebatfink

Jul 29, 2019
Hi,

Is it possible to use a solar panel to power a leadstone energy cell any way? I know you can use electrical engines for converting between EU and MJ but I wanted something with no danger of over heating which can be left to run on its own devices..

(I'm trying to solar power Forestry machines..)

Thanks!

Loufmier

Jul 29, 2019
I know you can use electrical engines for converting between EU and MJ but I wanted something with no danger of over heating which can be left to run on its own devices..
electrical engines do not explode or overheat, so i really don't see what's your problem.

Omegatron

Mar 29, 2013
England
Mekanism and ender io both have solar panels that are compatible with TE. IC2 solar panels aren't but you could use mekanism universal cable to connect an IC2 solar panel to your energy cell.

Reactions: Mjw

thebatfink

Jul 29, 2019
Hey thanks for the reply. I looked at electrical engines but a wiki entry I read said it needs a place for its energy to go else it will overheat? But I've tried connecting an electrical engine to a batbox and whilst it fills up with lots of energy, its only outputting 2MJ which isn't enough to even power my centrifuge.

I'm using Direwolf20 and don't think Mekanism is part of the pack, will have to look and maybe read about adding mods. Not very experienced with it so didn't want to stray from the standard pack

TheAwesomater

Jul 29, 2019
If you want your electric engine to be more powerful you need to use upgrades in it. These need circuit boards and electron tubes but with them you can make an engine run faster and more efficiently

hiroshi42

Jul 29, 2019
You can use a factorization mirror/boiler setups to make steam for use in the steam dynamo.

And the Electric engine can be upgraded, the base output is 2 mj but they can max out at like 16 or 18.

Reactions: Omegatron

Zenthon_127

Jul 29, 2019
Well, if you're using a TE storage device you can't power it with MJ (and thus electric engines), due to the lack of Ender IO and Mekanism. Quite simply, without those mods there is no passive energy generation for RF or MJ.

ExtraUtilities is adding a solar gen for RF, though, so this should change in the near future.

EDIT: Just saw the comment about FZ solars. That works too.

PierceSG

Jul 29, 2019
Mekanism and Ender IO both has passive energy generation options.

Ender IO has only one option and that is the Photovoltaic Cell which produces 1 MJ/t in daylight.

Mekanism has more options, the most basic of all is the Heat Generator which can produce passive power when it's faces are touching lava source blocks, up to a maximum of 5 faces with the last face for wire.
Solar Panels and Advanced Solar Panels for solar options.
Wind Turbines as well.