Solar power conversion

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

sir dew drop

Jul 29, 2019
so i was using cheaty power from the steam turbines and water which is going away so i looked into solar power and i made 3 high power solar arrays but those produce EU and i need RF i used an EU HV consumer, an energy bridge and an RF producer and it works but its ineffcient space wise and so it only works for 1 high power solar array so does anyone know of a better way of converting the power or another converter

RedBoss

Jul 29, 2019
Mekanism, Ender IO, & Extra Utilities all have solar power generation with native RF output. No need for conversion.

sir dew drop

Jul 29, 2019
ender IO has solar generators? and the one from extra utilities has to be charged and THEN you can use the power so you cant use it as you generate it

Geometry

Jul 29, 2019
Mekanism, Ender IO, & Extra Utilities all have solar power generation with native RF output. No need for conversion.
The Extra Utilities solar generator isn't even worth it IMO, since it barely outputs any power, it only works for 1/4 of a day if you keep switching between power output and power generator mode, and it's expensive. The Ender IO one only produces a mere 10 RF/t, which is almost pointless since a single dynamo can produce x8 more if given some fuel. The Mekanism solar panel is viable, but still not as good a the IC2 panels.

sir dew drop

Jul 29, 2019
Mekanism universal cable would work I think.
yea the thing is that i dont have mekanism, would that mod be compatible with monster without doing extensive config file editing[DOUBLEPOST=1397315980][/DOUBLEPOST]
The Extra Utilities solar generator isn't even worth it IMO, since it barely outputs any power, it only works for 1/4 of a day if you keep switching between power output and power generator mode, and it's expensive. The Ender IO one only produces a mere 10 RF/t, which is almost pointless since a single dynamo can produce x8 more if given some fuel. The Mekanism solar panel is viable, but still not as good a the IC2 panels.
i know, im using the compact solar arrays which basically combines 512 solar pannels from IC but i need to convert it into RF. would you happen to have any idea on how to convert those

Omegatron

Mar 29, 2013
England
There are a few other ways to convert EU to RF. I think MFR machines accept EU so you could connect a few lava fabricators to your solar panels and use the lava to power magmatic dynamos or something similar.

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
there's two grades of EU consumer bigger than HV if you're using a 1.6.4 pack.

Try EV or UV consumers to shove more power through the bridge :)

ThatOneSlowking

Jul 29, 2019
Just curious, why make a solar power source when you can run your base off of 3 dynamos and a treefarm, a pink generator, or even nether stars?

Reactions: trajing

Revemohl

Jul 29, 2019
The Ender IO one only produces a mere 10 RF/t, which is almost pointless since a single dynamo can produce x8 more if given some fuel. The Mekanism solar panel is viable, but still not as good a the IC2 panels.
IC2's solar panels are only considered good because you can stack 512 of them into the same block, after makng 512 of them. If you were able to do the same for Ender IO's photovoltaic cells, you'd probably consider those good as well.

As for Mekanism, it's worth noting that, by default, its configs in FTB turn off all Osmium ore generation (at least on DW20, which I suppose uses universal configs so it most likely affects all packs as well), which means you won't be able to do anything with the mod.

Reactions: RedBoss

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
IC2's solar panels are only considered good because you can stack 512 of them into the same block, after makng 512 of them. If you were able to do the same for Ender IO's photovoltaic cells, you'd probably consider those good as well.

As for Mekanism, it's worth noting that, by default, its configs in FTB turn off all Osmium ore generation (at least on DW20, which I suppose uses universal configs so it most likely affects all packs as well), which means you won't be able to do anything with the mod.

I must admit I did not know that about Mek. Having only used it as part of the voltz pack, I can see the lack of osmium being totally O_O