So what's the point in Agriculture food types?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

McJty

Over-Achiever
Mod Developer
May 13, 2014
twitter.com
Wasn't the agriculture mod supposed to give you extra bonuses (well-fed bonus or something like that) for the food from that mod? Never got that working though although I didn't try that hard.

Wagon153

Jul 29, 2019
Wasn't the agriculture mod supposed to give you extra bonuses (well-fed bonus or something like that) for the food from that mod? Never got that working though although I didn't try that hard.
Thats Hunger Overhaul and Pams Harvestcraft.

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
Agriculture was also meant to do something like that according to the mod documentation, I haven't noticed any difference ingame though.

Maybe it's turned off in the configs?

EDIT: Ninja'd :)

mk16

Jul 29, 2019
well i looked at the agriculture config and theres nothing in there other then item id's but, just made beer and got no status effects.... this mod is now a disappointment in my eyes and i also dont have anything for people to drink at my raves now...

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
well i looked at the agriculture config and theres nothing in there other then item id's but, just made beer and got no status effects.... this mod is now a disappointment in my eyes and i also dont have anything for people to drink at my raves now...

This is the reason I added growthcraft.

Hopped ale gives one superpowers...until you overdo it and end up drunk.

Words to live by :)

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
any id conflicts with monster? and its just drop mod in mod folder right?

The download is a .zip that you need to extract. There's 9 actual mods that you can add in the launcher menu if you want all of the different bits but I assume you don't really NEED all of them. Growthcraft Cellar is the one that adds hops and the barrels etc.

As for ID conflicts, the only one that got flagged up was with TorchLevers. You can fix that easily enough but I was feeling lazy so I just disabled Torchlevers and it worked fine :)

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
Yep. If you drink a bit of hopped ale it gives you a buff.

If you drink a few to many you end up standing on the roof of your base bollock naked, carrying a traffic cone yelling FER-KIN ELL MAYET! and weaving alarmingly...

mk16

Jul 29, 2019
Yep. If you drink a bit of hopped ale it gives you a buff.

If you drink a few to many you end up standing on the roof of your base bollock naked, carrying a traffic cone yelling FER-KIN ELL MAYET! and weaving alarmingly...

WOOP WOOP THE RAVE ROOM IS BACK ON

namiasdf

Jul 29, 2019
I've been having a bit of a mess about with it on my latest world and, well, meh?

I went through this long process to make bacon double cheeseburgers, something which involved about a dozen stages and uses pork, steak, salt, wheat flour, milk, water and vinegar (which I had to spawn in since the Brewer machine seems to be broken)

"this should be satisfying" I think to myself.

2 bars of hunger.

Same as a vanilla loaf of bread.

What's the use in this?
You know when you're really hungry and you feel like you can eat 5 bacon double cheese burgers, just to be just at your full limit?

Figure it out. >_>.

Reactions: malicious_bloke

Azzanine

Jul 29, 2019
It has a point, but it seems the gaming world has a lot of utilitarian folk in it's midst so thing's that have no utility are deemed pointless.
I assume it started of as a sort of RP enhancer like "looky! my character is eating strawberry icecream! woot!", but hunger overhaul makes the food from both Agriculture and Pam's Harvest fill you up better if prepared and hardly fill you up if not.

mk16

Jul 29, 2019
It has a point, but it seems the gaming world has a lot of utilitarian folk in it's midst so thing's that have no utility are deemed pointless.
I assume it started of as a sort of RP enhancer like "looky! my character is eating strawberry icecream! woot!", but hunger overhaul makes the food from both Agriculture and Pam's Harvest fill you up better if prepared and hardly fill you up if not.

doesnt have much RP use when the beer doesnt even work...

Azzanine

Jul 29, 2019
doesnt have much RP use when the beer doesnt even work...
I guess you can pretend it does or pretend you can really hold your liquor? I dunno, the mod is reletively useless, but it point is that it's pointless.

MrCowle

Jul 29, 2019
Is there an easy way to change how many hunger bars it fills up? Or would you need to change the mod coding for that?

Azzanine

Jul 29, 2019
Agriculture may have a config setting, you should check the config folder to see. Failing that you can instal Hunger Overhaul, I think it's tweakable via a config too

mk16

Jul 29, 2019
Agriculture may have a config setting, you should check the config folder to see. Failing that you can instal Hunger Overhaul, I think it's tweakable via a config too

there is nothing other then item id's in there.