So what can you NOT make an infinite amount of stuff from in a sufficiently advanced factory?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Kyre

Jul 29, 2019
So let's say that you're playing on a theoretical ultimate pack that has all the mods in both the direwolf20 pack and the mindcrack pack. Let's say that you've decided to embark into a void world and throw away your return linking book, but you'll allow yourself to bring in any items from the overworld to create a giant factory. Given enough time and with the proper setup, what can't you produce an infinite amount of?

I've been looking through NEI and several wikis for a while now and I can only find very few "useful" items that you can't produce: Oil, Uranium, and Mystcraft Crystal Blocks. Thaumic Shards appear impossible to produce, but they can be acquired by a rare trade with a Thaumcraft villager, or the Thaumonomicon states that "It has also been known to happen for normal stone to spontaneously turn into infused ore, but only if the local aura reaches extremely high levels".

There's unfortunately a number of decorative blocks that are just flat out, like End Stone and every XyCraft block.

Entropy

Jul 29, 2019
If you use Advanced Solars, it is no longer possible to create an auto-solar factory. Really, anything which uses Uranium in it's recipe cannot be mass produced.

Lunarknight32

Jul 29, 2019
Extra bees provides a way to get many non-renewable resources. (though, to get to the bees that produce the stuff, it takes a long time and the uranium combs are slowly produced)

What about coal? I know there's charcoal, but is there a way to actually get coal?
EDIT: Nevermind. coal has a UU matter recipe. Also, coal dust can be compressed to coal, which you can get from scrap boxes or extra bees.

Entropy

Jul 29, 2019
Extra bees provides a way to get many non-renewable resources. (though, to get to the bees that produce the stuff, it takes a long time and the uranium combs are slowly produced)

What about coal? I know there's charcoal, but is there a way to actually get coal?

Coal can be produced by the truckload with UU matter. 3 UU gives you 20 coal.

SilvasRuin

Jul 29, 2019
UU Matter can make Uranium, last I checked.

Infused Stone can be created, absurdly slowly, if you can maintain a Node with at least 100 excess Aura, which takes a Node with an Aura "cap" of at least 1000 and Crystal Clusters. The more Crystal Clusters, the faster the Aura grows, and the easier it can keep that 100 excess Aura when you're using it... assuming you have a big enough Node to give you a buffer to keep you from dipping into the 100 minimal excess.
Crystal Clusters will bring a Node up to its max +10%. Be ready for the occasional wisp though.

Entropy

Jul 29, 2019
I had to double check it, as I haven't dabbled in UU either, but I remembered a post over on the Technic Forums which explained the whole thing.

Entropy

Jul 29, 2019
I don't believe that Redpower Gems are in the Forge Ore Dictionary, so they can't be produced. The only way to get them is mining.

Entropy

Jul 29, 2019
I didn't know they could be made with UU, that makes my life much easier. Scrapboxes are fantastic, but the odds of getting anything good are horrible.

Zaik

Jul 29, 2019
I can't find a rare resource that doesn't have an extra bee available for it.

There's even iridium combs.

I don't believe that Redpower Gems are in the Forge Ore Dictionary, so they can't be produced. The only way to get them is mining.

The Forge Lexicon can change redpower rubies into gregtech rubies and back, so i'd imagine it's in there. Also, Ruby combs make tiny piles of ruby dust which can be combined into plain old ruby dust which can be run through an implosion compressor to make the actual rp2 ruby again. Sapphire combs make both sapphire and green sapphire tiny piles of dust which can do the same.

Kyre

Jul 29, 2019
Dragon Egg is about the only thing I know of that cannot be produced in some way.
True, but you only need the one for your ender bees. There's only one other use for it in the FTB pack and it's a silly pointless easter egg.