So i found this infernal hive while mining in the overworld

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Demigod

Jul 29, 2019
Just mining in a cave when i dug a cave wall and saw glowstone then i mined that glowstone and found this infernal hive x.x must've been a terrian generation glitch

lMkwIPC

If the image doesn't appear here's the URL http://imgur.com/lMkwIPC

Adonis0

Jul 29, 2019
No terrain glitch

They're meant to spawn very very very rarely, just in case for some reason you can't make it to the nether.

The end hives also spawn like that with end stone as well, but once again... very very very rarely.

Reactions: ThatOneSlowking

Demigod

Jul 29, 2019
Heh... if so i'd been VERY VERY VERY lucky since i found 2 infernal hives within 1 hour

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
Heh... if so i'd been VERY VERY VERY lucky since i found 2 infernal hives within 1 hour
Again, if the Biome you're in hasn't changed since it was generated, and it is a "Magical Biome", then this isn't that odd. Assuming you mine at a decent speed.

kaovalin

Jul 29, 2019
My gf found at least a dozen of each while mining last week near a magical forest biome. Not uncommon for us at least. Definitely was a "wtf worldgen" moment.

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
I found about 5 hives within 64x64 area
64x64? Is that X and Z or, say, X and Y, or Y and Z? This is a issue that's been bugging me on these forums is all, people are describing areas, usually involving mining, yet they skip a axis. Minecraft doesn't take place in Flatland, people. We have up and down, left and right, and forward and back, like any system in 3 dimensions.