So... How are U guys gonna set up power generation after the new packs come out?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Zen300

Jul 29, 2019
Personally.
I will probably look into nuclear power, it is one of those parts of IC2 that I have yet to test out. And without advanced solars or compact solars in the mod there is no free power generation from that. I really dislike the idea of using lava but I might for a kick start to my processing so I can bypass a lower tier of reactor.

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
Personally.
I will probably look into nuclear power, it is one of those parts of IC2 that I have yet to test out. And without advanced solars or compact solars in the mod there is no free power generation from that. I really dislike the idea of using lava but I might for a kick start to my processing so I can bypass a lower tier of reactor.

well, you can still spam the solar panels if you want to get free power generation, though it'll require a bit more work to set it up.
it's sad that the watermills got nerfed a while back, they'd be really nice to automate right now.

Redius

Jul 29, 2019
Blood magic, if available, can power a variety of things in awesome ways. I've just published an episode where I use the blood magic Serenade of the Nether with an ExtraCells Fluid Transition Plane to rapidly produce and then disseminate lava to a field of Magmatic Engines.

As for how I'll make my LP pool renewable, stay tuned. :)

I'm on your wavelength sir. Blood for the blood gods!

(also, compact windmills and mek turbines are both visually appealing, and deliver decent pop).

Zen300

Jul 29, 2019
well, you can still spam the solar panels if you want to get free power generation, though it'll require a bit more work to set it up.
it's sad that the watermills got nerfed a while back, they'd be really nice to automate right now.
I actually misspoke, Compact Solars do exist as a mod in the new pack, so I can do solar.

I will be doing Nuclear though, I have yet to do Nuclear and fully do Steam. I get to a point in a world where I am ready to do Steam via Railcraft-Boilers and lose interest in the world, hopefully this does not happen with this new modpack.

ShneekeyTheLost

Too Much Free Time
Dec 8, 2012
Lost as always
I cannot wait to show off how I evade low tier altar design limitations. :) I haven't seen anyone else do it yet and it's very obvious once you see it. I'm seriously considering expanding the technique to item transportation. I think I finally have a use for iron and gold pressure plates!
Storing the liquid LP in tanks? I seem to recall seeing that in one of your earlier episodes, and it was one of those 'why didn't I think of that first?' kinda moments.

And your lava generation method is the least laggy I've ever seen. Mad props to ya, man!

DriftinFool

Jul 29, 2019
What do you mean about "Darcraft is basent from the universal configs, which might mean something."? Is there something I'm missing or?

Once you download a 1.6 pack, go into the config folder of the pack and you will see a very long list of mods. The devs said they had planned on adding universal config files for multiple packs and it appears they have. The configs are in the list for tons of mods that aren't in the packs. Probably as near a full list of mods that FTB will incorporate that you can find. It can be changed anytime, but it gives you a good idea.

KirinDave

Jul 29, 2019
Storing the liquid LP in tanks? I seem to recall seeing that in one of your earlier episodes, and it was one of those 'why didn't I think of that first?' kinda moments.

And your lava generation method is the least laggy I've ever seen. Mad props to ya, man!

What I'm about to do is pure blood magic. Poppycocks and I devised the optimal execution, but he considers it excessive effort. I, on the other hand, thrive on it.

By the way, my lava generation method can scale up pretty easily. You can up to 5x the output (and of course, the LP draw) by replacing the open faces of the lava source with more fluid imports. The lava ritual operates at every adjacent update (so up to tick ratio) whereas the fluid import busses are slower. Since the fluid export bus can operate at rates of 1 bucket/tick, it's easy to see you might wanna scale up.

Last edited:
Reactions: Seraph089

WayofTime

Jul 29, 2019
What I'm about to do is pure blood magic. Poppycocks and I devised the optimal execution, but he considers it excessive effort. I, on the other hand, thrive on it.

By the way, my lava generation method can scale up pretty easily. You can up to 5x the output (and of course, the LP draw) by replacing the open faces of the lava source with more fluid imports. The lava ritual operates at every adjacent update (so up to tick ratio) whereas the fluid import busses are slower. Since the fluid export bus can operate at rates of 1 bucket/tick, it's easy to see you might wanna scale up.
"Dang, that mod is so OP! Someone should nerf it to hell."

Reactions: Jess887cp

KirinDave

Jul 29, 2019
"Dang, that mod is so OP! Someone should nerf it to hell."

I logged on the other day to max nausea in the middle of the Deep Dark. I proceeded to type "welp, that's what I get for using LP without passive LP generation" over and over.

VapourDrive

Jul 29, 2019
I enjoy the new liquifacted coal for TE3, takes up very little space in a tank (unlike oil), and runs for a LONG time in a compression dynamo. I have coal spawn above y=35 in heavy amounts and with a silky hammer from TiC, the SAG mill from enderIO, and a couple of magma crucibles, I'm good to go. Then there's Big Reactors... >.>

Jess887cp

Jul 29, 2019
This is PROFOUNDLY unwise. Way does not smile on villager sacrifice.
But...2000 per pop! It's so hard to resist.

As for my power, I'll probably stick with the same 'ol wall of generators/engines fed with coal/stuff that burns.

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
I logged on the other day to max nausea in the middle of the Deep Dark. I proceeded to type "welp, that's what I get for using LP without passive LP generation" over and over.

actually... it would be a very logical consequence of constantly draining your own blood... would be a nice effect for those early to blood magic and overdoing it

KirinDave

Jul 29, 2019
actually... it would be a very logical consequence of constantly draining your own blood... would be a nice effect for those early to blood magic and overdoing it

It happens over and over throughout your blood magic career. Don't worry.

twisto51

Jul 29, 2019
But I delved into EnderIO. Holy moly, is that mod good at managing power.

EnderIO is one of the mods that saved me when I ended up stuck in a mystcraft age today. Age had no sand, water, wood, reeds, or lava that I could find. Need glass to make TE so couldn't use pulverizer but I could build the SAG mill and Sterling engine.

EnderIO for glass.
Harvestcraft for water->squids->ink.
Thermal Expansion for Wood Chips->Paper

Lots of wandering to find a Star Fissure page.

Good news is that I ended up with a ton of Thaumcraft loot, ender pearls, ender lily seeds, etc. The age is littered with shrines/barrows.

Reactions: jokermatt999

JoeOtaku

Jul 29, 2019
EnderIO is one of the mods that saved me when I ended up stuck in a mystcraft age today. Age had no sand, water, wood, reeds, or lava that I could find. Need glass to make TE so couldn't use pulverizer but I could build the SAG mill and Sterling engine.

EnderIO for glass.
Harvestcraft for water->squids->ink.
Thermal Expansion for Wood Chips->Paper

Lots of wandering to find a Star Fissure page.

Good news is that I ended up with a ton of Thaumcraft loot, ender pearls, ender lily seeds, etc. The age is littered with shrines/barrows.
nice luck man, im having trouble finding enderpearls since i need such a big quantity of them for my steam factory. I am currently breeding 3 16x16 treefarms and running steam boilers off of charcoal i got from them. I am wanting to install meknism but id conflicts crash the game everytime!!! i wish the ftb team adds meknism to the universal config...

also, i figured that compact solars are soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo good for their price and the space they take up. I have 8 HV and 2 EV ones right now and 4 HV goes into one mfsu, 1 EV goes into one mfsu. They are way better than solars since their eu production are constant through out the day and also the night, so they produce way more than solars. Also, they are way cheaper since u only need 4 for 1 higher tiered one but compact solars need 8 and advanced solars need iridium...