So, hello 1.10

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

MigukNamja

Jul 29, 2019
Versions of minecraft lacking a Thaumcraft port are dead to me.

^^^ This

I'll go out on a short limb and claim Thaumcraft is the single most popular mod among players and pack creators. While there are niche communities within the modded MC space (GT, Ars, decorative mods, etc.), Thaumcraft is the elephant in the room that can't be ignored.

Where Thaumcraft goes, so goes a very large % of the modded MC pack creator and player base.

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
^^^ This

I'll go out on a short limb and claim Thaumcraft is the single most popular mod among players and pack creators. While there are niche communities within the modded MC space (GT, Ars, decorative mods, etc.), Thaumcraft is the elephant in the room that can't be ignored.

Where Thaumcraft goes, so goes a very large % of the modded MC pack creator and player base.
See, I disagree with @Chris Becke's fundamental comment there, because I feel 1.10.X has an awful lot to offer and for all we know TC5 is just round the corner; BUT, I absolutely understand the sentiment!

I was looking back into some of the info from Thaumcraft 2, and realised how much inspiration - in a good way - the current iterations take from the older ones. Mechanically they're different but thematically they are all... "Thaumcraft". And of all the mods, it is the one that is most interesting story-wise - I actually feel like you could base an entire fiction around the mod - which is not something one could say about others!

TL;DR: don't give up on 1.10 - I feel positive that Thaumcraft will make an appearance and that it will be the basis for it, just as 1.5.X was for TC3, 1.6.4 was for TC4 and 1.7.10 was for TC4.2.

- GwnG

MigukNamja

Jul 29, 2019
I was looking back into some of the info from Thaumcraft 2, and realised how much inspiration - in a good way - the current iterations take from the older ones. Mechanically they're different but thematically they are all... "Thaumcraft". And of all the mods, it is the one that is most interesting story-wise - I actually feel like you could base an entire fiction around the mod - which is not something one could say about others!

Yup, I was thinking the same. TC5's aura mechanics are a return to hybrid of TC2 and TC3, only better than either of them. Mad props to Azanor for TC5. This looks like his best one yet.

Reactions: GamerwithnoGame