So gregtech basically makes recipes harder?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

joaopada

Jul 29, 2019
Hi there. Just wondering, the GregTech mod (included in the Mindcrack pack) just simply makes recipes harder to make? I think that's kinda stupid, but in the other hand makes them more realistic.

ff255away

Jul 29, 2019
Greg-tech more clearly defines ic2 tech tiers and adds several of its own. It also better connects mods in a way that hasn't successfully been done before.

eable2

Jul 29, 2019
Gregtech makes climbing the ic2 tech tree quite a bit harder by adding more difficult recipes, requiring new machines to be crafting, and integrating other mods. (Example: The Railcraft rolling machine is required to create advanced alloy). It's a lot more fun for those who like a challenge. It also adds a lot of really cool endgame content like the fusion reactor, and adds new ores and items and all sorts of stuff. If you edit the configuration files, you can fine-tune it recipe by recipe so that it's fun for you. Personally, I use most of the hard recipes, but I buffed my matterfabricator speed a little and make my mining drill not require titanium. Do some research; it's quite a good mod.

noskk

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah and he also have the feature to decrease your stack size to 16 (default is 16)..

CrafterOfMines57

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah and he also have the feature to decrease your stack size to 16 (default is 16)..
Default? I started a non-FTB server after that change was added and the config says stacksize is still defaulted to 64 EDIT: Oh god, if MindCrack wants GregTech turned up to 11 in hardness, I don't think people are going to like that if they do what I think they will do.

Anyways, no, GregTech does not just make recipes harder, but that is part of its overall theme of extended (and customizable) gameplay. More to that point, it adds what is called Tier IV tech to IC2 (for reference MFSU is Tier III), as well as everything from a multi-block storage unit, interdimensional storage unit, and extra machines and generators, to a sort of "chemistry" system, and more efficient ways to make vanilla IC2 items from other mods' materials.

Abdiel

Jul 29, 2019
It's not so much about being harder as about making progression meaningful. It's no longer a matter of generator - macerator - bunch of solars - massfab - game over. There are many paths through the tech tree, multiplied by the cross-mod compatibilities of GT. Most of the shortcuts of IC and workarounds through other mods have been cut or patched. Advancing through the tech levels needs time, work, planning, and genuine research because the possibilities are so vast (unless you're satisfied with just copying someone else's setup). But building every new machine, getting a new ore, metal, alloy, or solution is so much more rewarding.