So, get me a graphics editor.

SatanicSanta

Jul 29, 2019
This is true, but Is it worth purchasing a $200+ piece of software for this feature alone, for the purposes @trajing will be using it for? Definitely not.

@trajing, unless you plan on making money from your graphical skills, or are going to school for it, I'd fiddle around with non-custom brushes in gimp.
I always forget that Photoshop is super expensive, since I've had it for so long.

trajing

Jul 29, 2019
If I do RoC, I'll have to deal with block imitations. Base panels are 16x, but made to look a little like a block.
EDIT: Yeah, forgot to mention the cost. :p

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
Meh, GIMP works fine for wiki work. Takes a bit of time to cut everything out correctly, but it gets the job done.

midi_sec

Jul 29, 2019
I always forget that Photoshop is super expensive, since I've had it for so long.
how could you forget? I've owned it legit since version 5.5, and skipped every other major version because of the sheer expense of it.

I'm now on CS5.

trajing

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, I'm not going to be a visual artist. Permanent twitching from some early meds. Fun fact, the first night I took it, I hallucinated, got up, and fainted. :p

Staxed

Jul 29, 2019
yes, and in your followup you blasted GIMP as if it weren't "enough" for this large project the OP has on his hands...as if photoshop would polish it just a bit more.

all i was saying is that it won't. ;)

A direct quote from what I said "While GIMP is good, and has all of the features that an amateur graphics designer would need"

how exactly is that blasting GIMP? I said it will work for what he's doing...as, he is an amateur designer. And then I went on to say that photoshop is way better than GIMP when it comes to features (which it is). My response was aimed at Wagon, not the op. My response had nothing to do with telling the op anything, as I had already stated that GIMP would work just fine for his needs ;).

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
This is true, but Is it worth purchasing a $200+ piece of software for this feature alone

Fxq1dPL.gif

portablejim

Jul 29, 2019
I am a huge fan of the GIMP.

However, I know that if the GIMP takes 1 hour per day longer to do stuff than Photoshop, if you are charging $50 an hour and plan to be doing graphic design for more than a few weeks, it is cheaper to buy Photoshop than use the GIMP.

But if you are not making money off it then the GIMP is a really good choice.

Reactions: Padfoote