So... Crimson Cult?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

DragonOfDread

Jul 29, 2019
You guys forgot about blurred vision.

Basically it's a potion effect that gives you blurred vision. Pretty self-explanatory

wolfsilver00

Jul 29, 2019
Good thing about sticky warp is you can get rid of it later with soap. You can use this to your advantage if you want a very min-maxed "character build".

Once your warp gets high enough, you'll unlock the Eldritch Epiphany research. This unlocks the Eldritch tab and allows you to research things like Void Metal.

Get your Warp even higher and you'll unlock Eldritch Revelation. This unlocks most of the final researches in the Eldritch tab, including Void Robes. You need both Eldritch Revelation and the research from the Crimson Cult's book in order to learn how to unlock portals to the Outer Lands.

One way to try and min-max is to craft a crapton of flesh golems and eat lots of brains to give yourself enough sticky Warp to unlock all these things. Then, after you unlock them, use the arcane soap to get rid of the sticky warp and get yourself back to manageable levels so you won't have to permanently deal with having high warp.

OH so that's what the book was for! Okay, I'm glad I got it on the third or fourth crimson cultist I killed :D BTw, any way to get more of the armor? I really like it but I wasn't able to set up a farm for cultists, they don't respawn u.u

SpitefulFox

Jul 29, 2019
OH so that's what the book was for! Okay, I'm glad I got it on the third or fourth crimson cultist I killed :D BTw, any way to get more of the armor? I really like it but I wasn't able to set up a farm for cultists, they don't respawn u.u

Supposedly if you don't aggro the crimson clerics around the obelisk, they'll keep summoning more knights for you to fight.

I'm adding EMC values to the armor in the next Forbidden Magic to let people transmute more if they have FM and EE3 installed, but results have been a bit wonky so far.

It's not that huge of a loss since the armor has the same stats as iron armor anyway. :p

wolfsilver00

Jul 29, 2019
Supposedly if you don't aggro the crimson clerics around the obelisk, they'll keep summoning more knights for you to fight.

I'm adding EMC values to the armor in the next Forbidden Magic to let people transmute more if they have FM and EE3 installed, but results have been a bit wonky so far.

It's not that huge of a loss since the armor has the same stats as iron armor anyway. :p

Yeah I know it doesn't have the best stats, but it just looks awesome, in my opinion is the best looking armor FTB ever had. I just wish there was a way to repair it other than using the same piece, because of this farming issue xD Or if I had Ars Magika I could use the repair thingy but its not here D:

Football6078

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah I know it doesn't have the best stats, but it just looks awesome, in my opinion is the best looking armor FTB ever had. I just wish there was a way to repair it other than using the same piece, because of this farming issue xD Or if I had Ars Magika I could use the repair thingy but its not here D:
You could use the thaumic restorer from I think it's Thaumic Tinker. It requires instrumentum in essentia form, hooked up to it, but in return it'll repair the item placed in it

SpitefulFox

Jul 29, 2019

You can use iron to repair it in an anvil.

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
I particularly enjoyed the bit where I heroically solo'd a bunch of the bastards and they dropped this book of forbidden knowledge that did literally sod-all when I tried to read it.

I think it may have added a bit to my warp, but that's it...

rouge_bare

Oct 4, 2014
The research learned is also a prerequisite for something in the eldrich tab. But on it's own you are right on its own it does nought.

Gamefury64

Jul 29, 2019
*spends 3 hours slicing the s*** out of them*
"Hey! I got the book!"

Being the unlucky bastard I am, I burnt through 4 mana tablets while trying to get it.

Vaeliorin

Jul 29, 2019
It's pretty rare. I think it took me a couple dozen cultists to get it . Fortunately, you can use Ender IO powered spawners to farm them...eldritch guardians, too (better than a wisp farm for aurum if you're not using MFR grinders, as they don't fly all over the freaking place.)

SpitefulFox

Jul 29, 2019
I killed a bunch and then spawned the book in with NEI while shouting "WHOA! WHERE DID THIS COME FROM?"

I particularly enjoyed the bit where I heroically solo'd a bunch of the bastards and they dropped this book of forbidden knowledge that did literally sod-all when I tried to read it.

The book unlocks a new research in the general tab that gives a little warp, but doesn't actually do anything. You need that research later as a prereq to the research that lets you open the portal to the Outer Lands, though.

wolfsilver00

Jul 29, 2019
I killed a bunch and then spawned the book in with NEI while shouting "WHOA! WHERE DID THIS COME FROM?"

The book unlocks a new research in the general tab that gives a little warp, but doesn't actually do anything. You need that research later as a prereq to the research that lets you open the portal to the Outer Lands, though.

Are you the developer that is in charge of this cultist stuff?

ICountFrom0

Forum Addict
Aug 21, 2012
Vermont
... for those who think warp is harmless...

I just had warp summon a wither.

Not the skeleton.

Not an illusion.

The real thing.

It took out my entire thaumcraft floor.

And I didn't have that much warp. No spiders. No guardians. Never even high enough to be sun scorned.

Last edited:
Reactions: Gamefury64

RJS

Jul 29, 2019

Not the skeleton.

Not an illusion.

The real thing.

Dude, from a scale of 1 to 'OH DEAR GOD WHY ARE THERE SPIDERS IN MY BRAIN', how much warp did you have? :p

mathchamp

Jul 29, 2019

Not the skeleton.

Not an illusion.

The real thing.

And I didn't have that much warp. No spiders. No guardians. Never even high enough to be sun scorned.

I heard that the Warp Theory addon can do that. Does it do the entire spawning animation in the same way as if it were built, or does it just appear and start attacking right away?

It's kind of unfair though - you should need more warp than what is needed for guardians. Perhaps it should be that a guardian spawns, but instead of attacking you it places the soul sand and wither skulls (as if it were a player) and then laughs at you as the Wither does its spawning animation.

Reactions: lenscas and RedBoss