SO CLOOOOOOSE TO FIXING MY FTB!!! PLEASE HELP!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheWhalrus

Jul 29, 2019
I am sorry I used caps but I need to know how to get to ftb using not %appdata%. I have to delete direwolf20 so I can reset it to get everything working again. Please help. I told the person that I was deleting it and he said don't use %appdata%. How do I get into ftb without using %appdata%?

DriftinFool

Jul 29, 2019
Right click your launcher and select open file location. It should bring up the folder that FTB is installed in and each mod pack has it's own folder with all the saves, configs. and other info. FTB data isn't in appdata like normal MC. I think it is all in the same directory and stores it's data by each pack so you can run multiple versions of them.

TheWhalrus

Jul 29, 2019
How do you "open file location"?
I right click it and there is no option saying," open file location".

Nerixel

Jul 29, 2019
Right click your launcher and select open file location. It should bring up the folder that FTB is installed in and each mod pack has it's own folder with all the saves, configs. and other info. FTB data isn't in appdata like normal MC. I think it is all in the same directory and stores it's data by each pack so you can run multiple versions of them.
That only works if your launcher is a shortcut, which it isn't for everyone.
Also, I did put instructions on the other post on how to find the right folder and delete the direwolf20 pack.

Reactions: TheWhalrus

TheWhalrus

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks![DOUBLEPOST=1364572913][/DOUBLEPOST]The problem was really simple really. I learned that I kept installing ftb on to my desktop. At one point it got corrupted and when I tried to reinstall it thought," hey, the files are right here! I will just use those!", thus staying corrupt. I decided to try to save it into a folder called ftb storage and everything works great! Thanks again! You really helped, if you didn't suggest going into my launcher I would still be without ftb.

Nerixel

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks![DOUBLEPOST=1364572913][/DOUBLEPOST]The problem was really simple really. I learned that I kept installing ftb on to my desktop. At one point it got corrupted and when I tried to reinstall it thought," hey, the files are right here! I will just use those!", thus staying corrupt. I decided to try to save it into a folder called ftb storage and everything works great! Thanks again! You really helped, if you didn't suggest going into my launcher I would still be without ftb.
No problem. Corrupted files tends to happen a lot on here, don't worry about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.