So... anyone know how to keep bats away..?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

General_Metrac

Jul 29, 2019
So i'm playing on the resonate rise pack and I want to make a "server room" using Applied Energistics... the issue? Bats. I'm below the spawn limit for bats, which causes the little jerks to spawn EVERYWHERE in a 45x51x9 room... i run the cofh killall command for bats and i kill about 40+ every single time.

So, being the person I am, I hate bats, here are the methods I've tried and so far, have failed to work.

1. microblock the floor instead of solid blocks as they need opaque blocks to spawn on... microblocks did not work
2. Ender IO aversion obelisk with a bat soul inside, nope.... they couldn't give less of a damn that it's there and covering the area.
3. Command Blocks.... I forgot the /kill command only works in 1.8+ or this would have solved it PERIOD, oh well..

I've also tried a few other things, but i'll be honest... I've forgotten as I've spent 2 hours looking for a way to kill them...

Anyone who has ideas, please share them, but be warned, I can't use halfslabs or I woulda done that from the start, I can't turn bat spawns off due to this being a server. I would love to see what you guys come up with, and thanks for any ideas.

-General_Metrac

sgbros1

Jul 29, 2019
Light the place up...?

Factorization's Wrath Lamp or TC's Arcane Lamps should light up everything.

General_Metrac

Jul 29, 2019
erm, I forgot to add one IMPORTANT detail.... the reason I don't just light the room up is that for the room's design I don't want any light sources for the most part. I'm going for a dark room look filled with machines and sadly magnum torches don't keep them away

Reactions: fight4anarchy

fight4anarchy

Jul 29, 2019
erm, I forgot to add one IMPORTANT detail.... the reason I don't just light the room up is that for the room's design I don't want any light sources for the most part. I'm going for a dark room look filled with machines and sadly magnum torches don't keep them away
Jesus son... if you ain't lighting that room bats will be the least of your worries haha

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

fight4anarchy

Jul 29, 2019
Magnum Torch ;) the only thing they don't prevent are: BATS :mad: and slimes :(

Of course. I did see the magnum torch bit after I posted. I just saw dont wont it lit and laughed and posted haha. Surely theres a mod out there you can add that will stop those creepy demon winged devil monsters form spawning!

General_Metrac

Jul 29, 2019
Of course. I did see the magnum torch bit after I posted. I just saw dont wont it lit and laughed and posted haha. Surely theres a mod out there you can add that will stop those creepy demon winged devil monsters form spawning!
I can't make them stop spawning, the server needs em for witchery and a few other mods, also thought of adding world protection, but the server owner has already said no. (this is a friend owned server, we all have a say on what goes in but the general idea of that plugin was a no.)

ChemE

Jul 29, 2019
Random Things add a lapis lamp that gives light so a player can see but doesn't actually increase the light levels on spawn pads so they keep spawning. You need the opposite of that; not sure if it currently exists in any mods. Not a great fix but you could put cursed earth at some other ylevel in the same chunk and try to overwhelm the vanilla spawn mechanics so bats can't spawn in your dark server room because there are already 400 mobs in that chunk.

EDIT: Found a source that claims the passive mob limit in a 17x17 area is 15 passive mobs. You could make protective pockets of passives in every chunk at a lower/higher ylevel. That is a lot of entities for the server to keep up with but it should work.

Last edited:

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
If you're OK with using command blocks, why can't you run /cofh killall through one of them? I'd be quite surprised if they only worked with vanilla commands.

ChemE

Jul 29, 2019
I'm using a specific building set, and I wanna keep it, so I can't use blocks like that as It won't look right for the design I'm going for

How about painting stone half slabs in the EnderIO painting machine so you keep your aesthetic but take away valid spawn pads then?