[SMP] Endermen spawning and despawning

Status
Not open for further replies.

madaffacca

Jul 29, 2019
Hi guys, here's my issue: I'm not sure this is related to the modpack itself, I think that's a server problem but here's what's going on.

I just popped in the end portal to slay the dragon, and I realized that Endermen were spawning and instantly despawning. I have all the End full off flashing Endermen and I can't figure out where the problem is. I'm playing on a private server hosted by our good sponsor CreeperHost, no plugins installed, just MCPC+ and here is the link to its config file.

Any kind of help would be really appreciated, thanks in advance!

Nessiroj

Jul 29, 2019
it might be a tip to edit the config file and get rid off some sensative info (aka dbasename and password)

Nessiroj

Jul 29, 2019
The only thing i can think of where they blink is water / rain although that shouldn't happen in the end.
i have no experience with MCPC+ although i see it being mentioned quiet abit latetly, maybe i should try it aswell on my server.

Just reading about through your configfile and i do notice this all the way in the bottom:
Code:
  disabled-worlds:
  - world_the_end

Not sure if that has something to do with it.
Does the actual serverterminal give any warnings about wrong location of the enderman(s)?

madaffacca

Jul 29, 2019
Disabled worlds refers to oreobfuscator.

Anyway, I figured it out, it was a difficulty conflict. For some reason, it looks like in the End the difficulty is set to peaceful while on the rest of the server it's set on peaceful, so they spawned due to the "general" difficulty and despawned instantly beacuse they realize the dimension was on peaceful. Thanks anyway, mate ;)

BTW, MCPC+ could help to adjust some useful settings that vanilla config does not allow to modify, plus it's a fantastic plugin support 100% FML compatible.

Nessiroj

Jul 29, 2019
Good to hear you got it solved :D

about MCPC+ Thats the feeling i already got after all the topics about it, and the integration of plugins is quiet easy.
The only thing i couldn't find in a quick search is some general information about the actual software. (ea a manual / wiki about what it does, what the options are and what they mean etc)

KaMaKaZi87

Jul 29, 2019
Disabled worlds refers to oreobfuscator.

Anyway, I figured it out, it was a difficulty conflict. For some reason, it looks like in the End the difficulty is set to peaceful while on the rest of the server it's set on peaceful, so they spawned due to the "general" difficulty and despawned instantly beacuse they realize the dimension was on peaceful. Thanks anyway, mate ;)

BTW, MCPC+ could help to adjust some useful settings that vanilla config does not allow to modify, plus it's a fantastic plugin support 100% FML compatible.

I am running into the instantly spawn//despawning enderman in the end as well. With the update to 1.1.2.

Where do you//what do you use to manage world specific difficulties? I don't see any world specific difficulty settings anywhere in my configs(via a couple greps)?

Or do you think my issue is unrelated?

I also noticed https://github.com/MinecraftPortCentral/MCPC-Plus/issues/1074

madaffacca

Jul 29, 2019
Actually I don't think that difficulties in different world are meant to be different, I think that was a small bug. Anyway, while in the nether I just typed /difficulty hard and everything went okay.

KaMaKaZi87

Jul 29, 2019
Actually I don't think that difficulties in different world are meant to be different, I think that was a small bug. Anyway, while in the nether I just typed /difficulty hard and everything went okay.

Welp thanks for the information.

I don't think this is the situation I am running into. I am still having the enderman instantly despawning//respawning. I ran /difficulty hard in the end, word, and the nether.. I am at the point I want to just make an enderman farm XD This is unfortunate, it started with the 1.1.2 update which is very curious to me. What mod changed to cause this to start happening? :\

Thronk

Jul 29, 2019
Welp thanks for the information.

I don't think this is the situation I am running into. I am still having the enderman instantly despawning//respawning. I ran /difficulty hard in the end, word, and the nether.. I am at the point I want to just make an enderman farm XD This is unfortunate, it started with the 1.1.2 update which is very curious to me. What mod changed to cause this to start happening? :\

I have the same thing happening to me. Running MCPC+ latest final build. The command /difficulty hard works, thanks! but after the daily server restart it goes back. I'll search the configs and post if I have anything.

KaMaKaZi87

Jul 29, 2019
Bro they're endermen so they teleport *Snark*
HRRRRR. There is a difference of despawning//respawning instantly(therefore never really existing) and walking around and teleporting... Thank you for your insight, it is awe-inspiring.

I have the same thing happening to me. Running MCPC+ latest final build. The command /difficulty hard works, thanks! but after the daily server restart it goes back. I'll search the configs and post if I have anything.

What modpack are you running? I am running into this in Ultimate 1.1.2, I am curious if there is a difference there why that fix worked for you and not me :\. I am currently on MCPC+ Legacy #66, I'll try updating to 67 when I get home to see if it helps. But based on the change log doesn't look like it will :\

Thronk

Jul 29, 2019
I'm running Mindcrack, and as of this post, I still have to manually /difficulty hard in the End after each restart.

Plugins:
  • ChatManager 1.19.1
  • CommandBook 2.2
  • FoundDiamonds 3.6.3
  • GriefPrevention 7.6.2
  • PermissionsEx 1.19.5
  • Prism 1.6-MC1.4
  • WorldEdit 1371
  • WorldGuard 5.7.1

DonkeyPanic

Jul 29, 2019
nice thread! helped me with new world pack. as stated above, going into the end and doing /difficulty normal made my endermen act normal :D . thanks guys!

Status
Not open for further replies.