SL-Enderman?!

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Bryanbalkb

Jul 29, 2019
So me and my friend were just playind mindcrack and when he was mining and I was making the house. Some kind of slenderman sound popped up. First my friend was like ... phuh should just be a zombie. I quitted because i scared my ass off. and then it came to my friend. He was like "My gaaawd help meee" and ragequitted too. Now we both are too afraid to play while we are already in the puberty. Can someone explain me what it is. wich mod. and WHY it is in Mindcrack?

Ty,
Bryan

SilvasRuin

Jul 29, 2019
Was it a building rasp? It could be the vanilla Enderman aggro sound, if you hadn't encountered that yet. Try not to look at them even more now...

Bryanbalkb

Jul 29, 2019
It was the first time i saw it. he got hes mouth open. like u looked at him but we didnt. this was the first time i saw him in mindcrack.

it was first a zombie sound.. then it was like euuuugh then llouder and louder and longer. and then i quit >.<

Reactions: Confidential1207

Decirium

Jul 29, 2019
Sometimes you just have to have looked at their general direction even with a block in the way - VintageBeef learnt that the hard way in one of their Ultra Hardcore series.

Bryanbalkb

Jul 29, 2019
we just spawned him while on creative. he made exactly the same sound. now we werent scared ofcourse. but it was not a normal endermn or zombie sound

MFINN23

Jul 29, 2019
The worst is when you hear the sound and you're just sitting there waiting for it to teleport and it never comes. The next 5 minutes you're checking behind you to see if he decided to teleport to you.

Confidential1207

Jul 29, 2019
My first encounter:
1.Weird noise
2.Me turning around
3.The enderman looking at me with its mouth open
4.Us staring at each other of 5 min
5.The sound gets louder
6.Me quiting out of fear

JezuitX

Jul 29, 2019
Seriously when did they add this? I was playing 1.4.2 and I don't recall an Enderman doing something like that. Then I play around some in 1.4.5 and I'm in a village when I see an Enderman. He does exactly what you guys are talking about. The whole teeth thing scared the heck out of me and the villager beside me.

Kynrasian

Jul 29, 2019
Basically, that's the sound that Endermen were always supposed to make when you looked at them. It's been in since Beta 1.8 but until now it was bugged or they just didn't want to use it. They either fixed it or it was added due to popular demand.

Personally, I think the friends I play Minecraft with will appreciate getting notified of when I've decided to aggro the endermen, and I got used to it a while ago.

Still wouldn't appreciate hearing it in a dark room though, at least until I worked out what it was.

BanzaiBlitz

Jul 29, 2019
It's as bad as the sudden sound of bacon frying behind you while you're peacefully fiddling with something in your inventory or evaluating a dropoff in a dark cave.

It's what makes Minecraft so much fun. Environment and little things that just catch you by surprise in a way to make you leap out of your chair now and then. :D