Skyfactory Major Lag!

• Tech Support section is for getting help with FTB related problems. If there's a repeatable issue that can be labeled as a bug, then please use the issue tracker for the pack or the app at GitHub issue trackers - If there's no repository for a pack that means that the pack is old and/or will not be updated. Bugs for older packs will not be fixed, unless they are critical.
C

chook100

Title:
Skyfactory Major Lag!
Launcher Version:
Modpack:
Skyfactory
Modpack Version:
Log Link:
Details of the issue:
I run a private Skyfactory server that is just for me. Nothing crashes but it is laggy I get like 30 FPS! The server runs on a max of 11GB of ram so it shouldn't lag but it does! the lag started when I made my mob farm bigger and automated it with turtles. My CPU usage is like 26-36% utilization.

grandrolf

Global moderator
Team Member
Global Moderator
Trusted User
Aug 29, 2014
sweden
Ram isn't everything, other components matter as well. 11 Gb is a lot if it's just you on that server (if you don't have lots of chunks loaded or otherwise using a lot of resources).

Is this a dedicated machine, or is it the same as you run your client from?

Do you have SSD or HDD?

Do you have any logs, both client and server?

UniZero

Popular Member
Oct 3, 2012
Scotland, UK
If you have a lot of machines and automation then the world will lag. Move lag producing stuff to other dimensions like the last millenium, nether or the end.

Last edited:
C

chook100

grandrolf I have a 1TB Hardrive and a 250MB SSD. Not dedicated, I run the server and my client on the same computer. I have a dedicated computer for vanilla survival but it can only put down only 6GB Ram. This is my second time playing I have played Sky Factory 2 and I started getting lag right as I finished the achievement book. I dont know why its lagging this early on I am already getting less FPS in a week then I did in 3 months on my other world. As far as Logs for some reason the computer can only read the latest log so here it is!
I think this is just the stopping point. Sorry if this isnt what you want but its the only thing I have in text.
Server: http://pastebin.com/MHPPw4gH
Client: http://pastebin.com/rZCNKPUB

C

chook100

I was kind of worried about that, I just now realized that 11GB of ram is dedicated to the server and 4 is to my client, I have 16GB of ram total! :p Derp! Derp over 9000

grandrolf

Global moderator
Team Member
Global Moderator
Trusted User
Aug 29, 2014
sweden
You need to leave som for the os as well, but pull the server down to 2-4 and work your way up when needed

C

chook100

Yes I think that was it, my max for my server and client combined is 16GB and I have 16GB so I left nothing for the OS