Skyfactory 3: Worms vs. Fertilized Dirt

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

kingskybomber14

Jul 29, 2019
I know that both of those things increase the rate at which crops grow, but which one is better? I don't really know how effective each one is and worm placement makes the worm's effectiveness vary. Or maybe all blocks without worms should be fertilized dirt?

Last edited:

Softwerker

Jan 24, 2017
I haven't noticed a major difference between the two thb, but worms are easier to come by. (HermitPack)

M

maham

I just did a test where I let two Actually Additions Farmers plant and harvest wheat in a 9x9 area each. The fertilized dirt is significantly more effective here. The downside is that it requires water which the worms don't. But if you don't mind the setup disadvantage for fertilized dirt it's faster it seems. I'm going to test with Mystical Agriculture seeds as well later. Hopefully I'll update this post with the results.

Update
I did the same test with Inferium Seeds (Tier 1) and the result was the opposite. After the farm is up to speed (about 30min later) the patch with worms produced more than twice as much inferium as the patch with fertilized dirt. So it seems that for MA-crops the worms win.

Last edited:

Cpt_gloval

Oct 20, 2013
Put a regular farmland in a ring of fertilized dirt and worm the farmland.
Put greenhouse glass above and a few growth enhancers in the middle and you will be making tons of output.
When I did this setup in my SF3 play through I actually had to setup an AA energy phantom face for my farms so I could give them multiple power feeds to keep up.