Solved SkyFactory 3 Stuck on "Loading World"

• Thread starter ItsFreakinHarry
  • Start date
  • Tech Support section is for getting help with FTB related problems. If there's a repeatable issue that can be labeled as a bug, then please use the issue tracker for the pack or the app at GitHub issue trackers - If there's no repository for a pack that means that the pack is old and/or will not be updated. Bugs for older packs will not be fixed, unless they are critical.
I

ItsFreakinHarry

Title SkyFactory 3 Stuck on "Loading World"

Launcher Type Twitch Desktop App

Modpack SkyFactory 3

Modpack version 3.0.15

Have you modified the pack? No

Link to log file http://paste.feed-the-beast.com/view/aeddc0a2

Details of the issue I was playing on my single player SkyFactory 3 world when my game suddenly crashed. I was sprint jumping while placing water into an Ex Nihilo Barrel when my game froze, and then stayed frozen for 5-10 minutes. The next day I loaded the game up and it did not load, but instead got stuck at "Loading World". I looked online and saw that deleting the islands.json file helped but it did nothing for me. The first log is for when I crashed while I was placing the water, and the second log was generated from trying to log in to the world the next day.

Last edited by a moderator:

Henry Link

Popular Member
Dec 23, 2012
USA - East Coast
So you have two choices at this point. Either restore a backup or learn how to use MCEdit. If you want to use MCEdit do the following:
  • Make a backup of your game. This gives you a restore point in case you screw something up.
  • Download MCEdit from https://www.mcedit-unified.net/
  • Use MCEdit to open the level.dat file located in you game save folder.
  • Use the goto function in MCEdit to jump to the barrel you placed
    • Block location: World: (220,58,253)
  • Use the "S" to back away from the barrel a little bit.
  • Select the block the barrel is in and delete it.
  • Save the world then launch you game to see if that fixes the issue.

Reactions: grandrolf