Skyfactory 3 stuck on loading world

• Tech Support section is for getting help with FTB related problems. If there's a repeatable issue that can be labeled as a bug, then please use the issue tracker for the pack or the app at GitHub issue trackers - If there's no repository for a pack that means that the pack is old and/or will not be updated. Bugs for older packs will not be fixed, unless they are critical.
R

Raindrop114

Title Skyfactory 3 stuck on loading world

Launcher Type FTB Launcher

Modpack FTB Presents Skyfactory 3

Modpack version v3.0.8

Have you modified the pack? No

Link to log file http://paste.feed-the-beast.com/view/6b23c468

Details of the issue I was playing the game yesterday, when it crashed my whole computer. When I restarted, it started up fine, but when I tried to load a world, it got stuck on the loading world screen. I took a break, thinking it would work the next day, but when I tried again, it still wouldn't load. I had thought it might be the world, so I created a new one, but that is also getting stuck on loading world. I have the newest java version, and my graphics drivers are up to date.

Last edited by a moderator:
R

Raindrop114

Title Skyfactory 3 stuck on loading world

Launcher Type FTB Launcher

Modpack FTB Presents Skyfactory 3

Modpack version v3.0.8

Have you modified the pack? No

Link to log file http://paste.feed-the-beast.com/view/6b23c468

Details of the issue I was playing the game yesterday, when it crashed my whole computer. When I restarted, it started up fine, but when I tried to load a world, it got stuck on the loading world screen. I took a break, thinking it would work the next day, but when I tried again, it still wouldn't load. I had thought it might be the world, so I created a new one, but that is also getting stuck on loading world. I have the newest java version, and my graphics drivers are up to date.

I tried to add an edit, but it wouldn't let me. I deleted the skyfactory 3 folder, and relaunched it, to do a fresh install, and it's working now. I was planning to do a new world, but, i don't think this fix is one others will wanna use if they have this trouble with worlds they already have.

R

Raindrop114

I actually did try a force update, when i saw the suggestion in a different thread when I was still looking, it didn't work. I had to completely delete the Sky Factory 3 folder, and launch it from scratch to get it to work again. But, well, that's not quite a solution if others run into the same issue, but don't wanna lose hours of work on a map.

C

CDArena

I tried to add an edit, but it wouldn't let me. I deleted the skyfactory 3 folder, and relaunched it, to do a fresh install, and it's working now. I was planning to do a new world, but, i don't think this fix is one others will wanna use if they have this trouble with worlds they already have.

The general tricks I use for situations like this:
1) when it gets "stuck", (especially at the "loading" or "100% complete" screens), try tapping the escape key 2 or 3 times then waiting. (This works in many of the FTB packs)
2) if that doesn't work, try adjusting the ram in your launcher for the pack (Curse or FTB) - 6GB usually evens things out for me.
3) If all else fails (usually indicated by actual crashes to the desktop or error messages), look in your "Instances\FTB presents sky factory 3\backups" folder, and try manually unzipping and replacing the contents of your "\saves" folder.

Jaari

Apr 30, 2015
I actually did try a force update, when i saw the suggestion in a different thread when I was still looking, it didn't work. I had to completely delete the Sky Factory 3 folder, and launch it from scratch to get it to work again. But, well, that's not quite a solution if others run into the same issue, but don't wanna lose hours of work on a map.
Please check the file named "island.json" found in "C:\ftb\FTBPresentsSkyfactory3\minecraft\" if it has been corrupted or not.

C

CDArena

You might find "island.json" under (wherever you have curse configured)\Minecraft\Instances\FTB Presents SkyFactory 3\Config"

I

IA12323

Yo I had this problem the other day all you need to do is go to your files go to Documents then Curse then Minecraft then Instances then Sky Factory III then click on saves find you world copy your world to your homescreen. Copy it to your home screen twice to be safe. Then reinstall skyfactory then go to Curse and Minecrty And Sky Factory again and put your world in the saves folder

A

awolJAK

I ran into the same problem, and i found replacing all of the SF3 files the easiest way. BUT the saves weren't causing the problem, so I copied my saves (if your running from Twitch, you can open in folder from the modpack page) and deleted the pack, and reinstalled it.

Reactions: thomasvandeweg
D

Dontuderstandcomputers

Doesn't that delete the world though, I have this problem and I want to keep my progress