SkyFactory 3 Spider in Spawner

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
P

Pasco7785

Hi guys, new to modded Minecraft and therefore Skyfactory. I have built a mob spawner with fans pushing them to where i want them. However, I don't want spiders to spawn in there. is there anyway to do this? any help would be appreciated thanks!

Inaeo

Jul 29, 2019
To go with the above response, the usual trick is to make 3x3 spawning platforms with a half slab on top of the center block. This allows normal mobs needing a 1x1 to spawn, but eliminates all of the 2x2 spaces that a spider requires. If you wanted to, you could embed glass in the center of the 3x3, since mobs can't spawn on it. This would keep the platforms flat and eliminate the chance of a mob getting somehow stuck when blown against the slab (not usually an issue, but best to troubleshoot ahead of time).

Cpt_gloval

Oct 20, 2013
If you look up PurpleMentat on youtube, he gives a very good walkthrough of this in his Agraian Skys 1 play through.

MacAisling

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2013
Kearneysville, West Virginia
Spiders actually need a 3x3 space, according to the wiki. What I usually do when I have fans is put a line of spikes at the top of the wall the mobs get pushed against, so the spiders get killed when they climb the wall And I can collect the drops at the bottom.

Right now I'm playing a pack that doesn't have fans and has conveyors mobs won't spawn on, so the conveyors are laid out in a grid surrounding 2x2 spaces, so no spiders and not much room to move without stepping on the conveyor.