Skyfactory 3 Lag Spikes

Q

qBASHp

Hello there,

im currently hosting a private Skyfactory 3 Server on my virtual root I rent on a website.
Im expiriencing huge lag spikes approximately every 50 seconds and I have absolutly no clue why.

About the setup:
The Server has a maximum amount of 16GB Ram, a good CPU and Disk.
The Skyfactory 3 Server can use up to 9GB Ram of it.

What is happening exactly:
Im starting the Server and pretty soon, even if no one joined the server so far, it starts lagging around every 50 seconds for up to 10 seconds, causing it to skip some ticks. These lags even happen in a fresh new generated world (deleting the world folder). The htop command in the shell console says the server isn't even close to the maximum of memory and cpu and the online monitor that the hoster provides says it uses 5GB and 5% of CPU.
The Log is not providing any information except the line
Code:
[02:04:13] [Server thread/WARN]: Can't keep up! Did the system time change, or is the server overloaded? Running 11241ms behind, skipping 224 tick(s)

So:
I would say these lag spikes are not hardware based and not world based.
Does anyone has a solution for this?

grandrolf

Global moderator
Team Member
Global Moderator
Trusted User
Aug 29, 2014
sweden
First - new worlds tend to create these messages - but as this is a void world it should end rather fast.

If this is a VPS it's most likely the "hardware" that's the issue.
5% CPU when the server is running sounds very low.

Thinking down the lines "hoster put too many vps on the same hardware so there are ques to CPU", "hoster put too many vps on the same hardware so there are disk ques" or different kind of combos of the 2 (or more).

About the setup:
The Server has a maximum amount of 16GB Ram, a good CPU and Disk.
The Skyfactory 3 Server can use up to 9GB Ram of it.

Makes me wonder - do you have other services running on the same machine?

Have you tried any other pack that's about the same size in number of mods?

Also a log could help out to check things as well, use paste.feed-the-beast.com and go for this one "/logs/fml-server-latest.log"
(copy everything and use the paste site and then share the link here)