SkyFactory 3 Java SE Binary crash

• Tech Support section is for getting help with FTB related problems. If there's a repeatable issue that can be labeled as a bug, then please use the issue tracker for the pack or the app at GitHub issue trackers - If there's no repository for a pack that means that the pack is old and/or will not be updated. Bugs for older packs will not be fixed, unless they are critical.
E

EvalleEez

Title SkyFactory 3 Java SE Binary crash

Launcher Type FTB Launcher

Modpack

Modpack version

Have you modified the pack? No

Link to log file

Details of the issue For the last 2 days my Java SE Binary has been crashing at Skyfactory 3 launch between 5-7 on the main load up bar.

I have uninstalled Java and reinstalled it and have updated it. I have also reinstalled and updated Skyfactory 3 profile through curse from 3.4 to 3.5 today and it still crashed on load up. I was using the Invictus resource pack, but this morning after install of 3.5 I did not reinstall the resource pack and tried loading it u p on a clean install of 3.5 and it still crashed.

I also posted this bug in Curse, because my husband has been having issues with loading Direworf and other mod packs.

Last edited by a moderator:
E

EvalleEez

Minecraft%20crash_zpsxx1td1i2.png

Aerozos

Jul 29, 2019
Mine is doing the same thing. Trying to figure it out but can't seem to find a solution.

L

leozero

Same for me (all modpack I haved, Infinity evolved for exemple) after a graphic driver update, a solution exist ? I tried many things (change the java version, modpack version, repair minecraft, ...)
The original minecraft works.

Edit: Ok saw on this forum, a rollback of the nvidia driver is needed

E

EvalleEez

So I couldn't rollback my drivers because I did a clean install of the new driver. So I ended up having to restore my computer. After doing this EVERYTHING crashed. I do not recommend doing this. In the end I ended having to format my computer and reinstall everything and I am currently at 353.54 because that version is standard starting install through a new install of Win10.

Anyways, I did get in touch with nVidia directly AFTER I posted this and they were no help and claim to not have had any reports on the issue. The TechSupport guy I live chatted with did not know ANYTHING and wasn't paying attention to anything I said to him. He wanted all my computer information which I didn't give him aside from memory specs and graphics specs and CPU specs and then he proceeded to tell me NOT to do a clean install of graphics drivers and to NEVER do a clean install of your graphics drivers, didn't tell me why. I have always did a clean install of drivers so nothing conflicts in the end. BUT I guess what I was taught by a professor is wrong... so with that being said. After he proceed to lecture me on my install he game me some information to alter my registry.... which I did not do because well it's my registry on my computer and altering that is a BIG no-no....

So all in all, nVidia was NO help to me in fixing this issue and I hope more people bug report it to get it fixed.

E

EvalleEez

@Ashzification

Yeah I know I did too much work. Which was why I was so irritated with nVidia when I contacted them for the older driver. Instead of just providing me a link like you just did, they wanted me to do a million other things. When I initially got in touch with them I was very specific with what I wanted and they couldn't even provide it for me.

So thank you for this link I will update to my older version right before the crappy update! :D

Last edited: