SkyFactory 3 islands setup

• Tech Support section is for getting help with FTB related problems. If there's a repeatable issue that can be labeled as a bug, then please use the issue tracker for the pack or the app at GitHub issue trackers - If there's no repository for a pack that means that the pack is old and/or will not be updated. Bugs for older packs will not be fixed, unless they are critical.
K

kzkv

Title SkyFactory 3 islands setup

Launcher Type Curse App

Modpack SkyFactory 3

Modpack version

Have you modified the pack?

Link to log file

Details of the issue Guys, could you please advise on which mod in SkyBlock 3 controls islands creation if there's any?
Like "FTB Islands" for Skyblock Infinity Evolved.

I want to set up a server for multiple players where each player would get her personal island.

K

kzkv

OK, I found the config file for "YUNoMakeGoodMap" mod: /config/ItsBecauseUHasNoGoodSpawn.cfg, it has the distance settings, will try it out.

K

kzkv

For anyone else wondering about the same: https://mods.curse.com/mc-mods/minecraft/254647-itsbecauseuhasnogoodspawn

Mod "ItsBecauseUHasNoGoodSpawn" is allocating the island for players in SF3, by default additional islands are NOT created (on the contrary to the info on the mod page), the distance can be set via config file, it also has two useful commands: "createislandfor <player>" and "tpisland <islandname>" (please note it's currently "tpisland", not "tptoisland" as the mod page says).

L

Lupercal

Question, Is there wa way to not have the islands spawn in a straight line? I play with 3 other friends and We would prefer if the spawns were in a square or cross shape for eventual joining. is this doable?

second question: when I use the command to create an island for another player, they are teleported but no island exists so they die. Why is that?

Last edited:
K

kzkv

Question, Is there wa way to not have the islands spawn in a straight line? I play with 3 other friends and We would prefer if the spawns were in a square or cross shape for eventual joining. is this doable?

second question: when I use the command to create an island for another player, they are teleported but no island exists so they die. Why is that?

Nope, I don't think so: I've inquired the mod author on precisely that and he agreed to do that in future versions but now it's not configurable.

The only way I know is quite messy: you start your world, get two first islands positioned, stop the server, manually edit tie islands.json file (in both /config and /world folders) so the latest island has coordinates with spawn island X and shifted to desired distance Y. Then you create another two island which will be positioned on the second row.
I hope my explanation makes sense to you :0)

On the second question: you either have to create the island for that player manually or config the mod to generate islands on logging in.