Skyfactory 2.5.5 Crashes

• Tech Support section is for getting help with FTB related problems. If there's a repeatable issue that can be labeled as a bug, then please use the issue tracker for the pack or the app at GitHub issue trackers - If there's no repository for a pack that means that the pack is old and/or will not be updated. Bugs for older packs will not be fixed, unless they are critical.
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

RyanWahoo77

Jul 29, 2019
Title Skyfactory 2.5.5 Crashes

Launcher Type Curse App

Modpack Sky Factory 2.5

Modpack version 2.5.5/2.5.6

Have you modified the pack? No

Link to log file http://pastebin.com/mCD6MZCN

Details of the issue Whenever I try to load my world, the game crashes. I was originally playing on 2.2.5 when the issue began, I tried updating to 2.5.6, but it did not change anything. I can create and play other worlds in the mod pack, it just crashes when I open my main world. The world has never crashed when I was playing. I saved and exited my world and shut down my computer, the first crash happened when I tried to load my world back up the next day.

Last edited by a moderator:

RyanWahoo77

Jul 29, 2019
may i ask exactly what you where working on before you logged off?
I was still pretty early game, I was afking to let crops grow and mobs spawn. I also had some cobble running through a pulverizer, some gravel going through an auto sieve (the one with the little guy in it that is made of iron), and I had some metals auto casting from a smeltery (using a vanilla hopper and a extra utilities redstone clock). My machines were powered by 4 tier two solar panels from solar flux. I had a hardened energy cell and leadstone energy conduits to transfer and store power.

killerant913

Jul 29, 2019
well with the log file you sent is a bit strange compared to the one i am use to reading, can you send me the one under Curse\Minecraft\Instances\FTB Presents SkyFactory 2.5 (3)\logs . best way to get to it with curse is by right clicking the mod-pack on the curse app and clicking browse folder. if i could see that log i might be able to see what happened, and make sure it has the right date it happened.

RyanWahoo77

Jul 29, 2019
You could check the backups folder and if one exists then restore it.

I do have a back-up, but it is a little bit back and I would prefer not to have to replay my last few hours of game play. I also am worried that if I load the back up and just do the same things again, I will have the same problem again.

killerant913

Jul 29, 2019
awhile ago, i accidentally corrupted my hole world, and i had to go to a backup to fix it, before you do try to do that, go and make a new world, exit out of it and go to your modpack folder, then go to saves and all i want you to do is copy anything that says level or level.dat then go to the new world you just made and paste it over the one in the new world- . this should make a copy of your world, without your inventory. message back if you got into the world, i want to see if its a player data corruption or a world corruption

RyanWahoo77

Jul 29, 2019
So, when I copy my level.dat over and log in, I have my entire inventory, but there are no blocks anywhere, it is just void. It does load-up though. Am I copying the wrong thing? The only thing I copied was my level.dat from my main save folder.

Also, I did post a log earlier, however, I am new to the forums, so I am currently waiting on a moderator to approve my pastebin link.

killerant913

Jul 29, 2019
hmm, ok well try moving the region folder from your old pack, i guess i got the two folders mixed up..., at least we know its your map having problems, and once that log goes through i can tell you what the exact problem is, it could be just log issues, and nothings wrong with the map, so moving the level and region should make the world normal, if im correct.

RyanWahoo77

Jul 29, 2019
I copied my region folder and my level.dat from my crashing world to my back-up and everything is working correctly now. Thank you!

Any idea what I might have done to cause the world to keep crashing?

killerant913

Jul 29, 2019
usually its because the world didn't save correctly, so some world's files where corrupted, but scene the region file is the chunks and the blocks, its pretty much the world its self, and the level is pretty much you inventory. so by moving it you pretty much get the hole world. and i am glad it worked for you :3 last time i had to deal with a problem with that, it was so serious it corrupted my hole launcher when i tried entering the world, so i had to deal with a backup 3 mounts old. also a good tip, before logging off use /admin backup start, its a manual backup, very useful, and it does not need cheats on