Problem (Sky Odyssey) Game crashes because of capacitor banks

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Jeezuhs Kriste

Dec 24, 2020
When I place my last line of Ender IO capacitor banks (normal and Vibrant confirmed, likely Basic as well) using an Iron Wand from Better Builder's Wands (unknown if the same bug happens with the stone, diamond, and/or unbreakable variants), the capacitors are permanently tainted. The game freezes, after about 2-3 seconds all sprites disappear leaving you in an empty void of sky, and then 2-3 seconds later it crashes. Upon booting it back up, getting too close to the capacitors will cause the same sequence to occur. The only way I've found to fix it is to get rid of the capacitors. It has happened both with an 8 by 8 square and a 6 by 6 square. Error message shown below.
AL lib: (EE) alc_cleanup: 1 device not closed Process exited with code 255.

Cptqrk

Popular Member
Aug 24, 2013
Just a guess here, but using a builder's wand to place tile entities is not a good idea normally. That's a LOT of info to be pasting into the world all at once.

Is there a reason why you can't just place them manually?

Jeezuhs Kriste

Dec 24, 2020
Just a guess here, but using a builder's wand to place tile entities is not a good idea normally. That's a LOT of info to be pasting into the world all at once.

Is there a reason why you can't just place them manually?
No, there isn’t. I was just sharing an interesting and oddly specific bug. It’d be weird if it had to do with tile entities, since I was able to get to a 7 by 8 square before the last row crashed when I had a full stack, but if I took the stack down to 36, it still crashed after the last capacitor in the stack, which is only about 65% of something it just held minutes ago without issue.