Sky Factory 4: I'll show you mine...

MacAisling

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2013
Kearneysville, West Virginia
Just moved my bonsai tree automation into a compact machine. Is there any way to make an ME network connection across a compact machine tunnel, or will I need a network bridge? I really don't want to externalize the storage.

64565944_10216796149809419_2441978083629072384_n.jpg

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
Awesome :D I love this image especially because it looks like its from some sort of 3rd person minecraft game! Neat looking setup though, you've got a combination of storage and transportation mods in there!

MacAisling

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2013
I remembered the super Soaryn drive, and connecting 2 ME systems that way works with the compact machines (interface on the inside, storage bus on the outside through the tunnel). Also decided on a tinkers smeltery and tank for the excess acorns or resin. Still setting up individual outputs for the expected fluids.

Reactions: GamerwithnoGame

SarcasticShade

Aug 27, 2020
I know this is quite a while after you originally posted this, but would you be able to repost or link that screenshot or explain how you automated your bonsais with AE? I am trying to export my iron acorns and iron resin into a packager but there is no way to choose a specific number of items so there are always too many acorns in the packager (As an equal amount is inputted but only 4 are used instead of the 5 resin).

MacAisling

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2013
I know this is quite a while after you originally posted this, but would you be able to repost or link that screenshot or explain how you automated your bonsais with AE? I am trying to export my iron acorns and iron resin into a packager but there is no way to choose a specific number of items so there are always too many acorns in the packager (As an equal amount is inputted but only 4 are used instead of the 5 resin).
I didn't. If I recall correctly, I sat the hopping bonsai on top of a filing cabinet and used whitelisted item ducts to feed into packagers, with the excess acorns going into a culinary generator. the output went into simple storage crates inside the compact machine. I'll see if I can find the screenshot again.

ThatOneNekoBoi

Oct 22, 2020
My god that looks so advanced and compact (Pun intended). Is there a way I can replicate this? Like a tutorial or something?