Sky Factory 3 won't load

• Tech Support section is for getting help with FTB related problems. If there's a repeatable issue that can be labeled as a bug, then please use the issue tracker for the pack or the app at GitHub issue trackers - If there's no repository for a pack that means that the pack is old and/or will not be updated. Bugs for older packs will not be fixed, unless they are critical.
M

MAAARKNUUUUUTT

Title Sky Factory 3 won't load

Launcher Type Twitch Desktop App

Modpack Sky Factory 3

Modpack version 3.0.15

Have you modified the pack? No

Link to log file

Details of the issue So I've been using the Twitch app to launch Sky Factory since the summer as it was the easiest way I found to do it. I have played well over a hundred hours and never had any issues. Even when the Sept update came I didn't have issues. Now I stepped away for a while and decided to come back this week, but when I get to the Minecraft launcher it has an error "The version you are trying to play inherits properties from an unknown version." I looked into the Launch Options and found that the version of Forge it is trying to use says "unavailable" next to it. I honestly have no idea what to do next and haven't found any other posts or articles that offered a solution.

Last edited by a moderator:
M

MAAARKNUUUUUTT

Make a backup copy of your saves folder. Then re-install the pack or if there is an update available for the pack do that first.
I have a backup of my saves. I tried reinstalling but it just creates a new profile because I can't completely delete my original profile (error message comes up with no codes, just says multiple errors occurred).

M

MAAARKNUUUUUTT

Does the new profile at least launch SF3?
I was also messing with which version of forge it was trying to run and now I have a different error:
Unable to create directory.
Error details: Cannot create a file when that file already exists
Filename on disk: FTB Presents SkyFactory 3
Path: C:/Users\gmonj\OneDrive\Documents\Curse\Minecraft\Instances\FTB Presents SkyFactory 3
Exists: true

M

MAAARKNUUUUUTT

UPDATE (and also kind of a different problem):
So I've been fiddling around trying to use the FTB launcher to still play my game but it wouldn't recognize the save file. I was looking at some other forum posts regarding this and found that my save is missing a level.dat file in the save folder.
I apologize, I feel like I'm posting a lot on this thread, I just really want to get this save back. I spent over 100 hours on it and I just don't want to lose it.

M

MAAARKNUUUUUTT

Unless you have backup copy of the level.dat file you are done. There is no recovery without a copy of that file.
I found my backup and it has a level.dat file in it and the FTB launcher can use it. But, I still would like to know what’s wrong with the twitch launcher.